Droid Pro running SLLLOOOOOWWWW!

doni49

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a DROID Pro on VZW and to say that it sometimes runs slow would be a severe understatement. Sometimes it takes 60-90 seconds after I've clicked on a contact's number (using aTakephone) before the in-call screen is displayed.

There are other times that I tap an app icon expecting the app to start. But then it actually takes 45-60 seconds for the app to start.

Any ideas how I can track down the culprit?

TIA!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Could be a bad app drowning you CPU. Check out badass battery monitor to see what app is bogging u down

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx or GNex

doni49

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys. Sorry it took so long to reply. I saw an email telling me that a response had come in. But I was at work and planned to check it out after work. I forgot all about it.

I've checked the Manage apps thing and didn't see anything useful. I think part of the prob there is that when I'm having these slowness issues, it takes too long to get that screen open. By the time DROID wakes up enough to show that screen, the speed has returned to normal.

doni49

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Badass and the app sucker screen says that "System (mediaserver)" is using most of the battery @ 34%.

Second behind that is Music @ 16%.

doni49

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do. I'm currently working as a night custodian at the local middle school.

For about 7 hours a day, I'm all by myself so I turn on the music. But these speed issues even happen when I'm NOT at work -- that's the only time I listen to music on my DROID.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don you see anything else that may look suspicious. Those are normal values for music use, eventually that will lower as time goes by with out use of music services. See anything that u didn't not install?

Tapatalk via Razr Maxx

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone if I wiped everything out my zte score including the launcher how do I unbrick it it still works but besides text and phone nothing shows up on the screen its just black please help my girl been buggin me lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

doni49

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone if I wiped everything out my zte score including the launcher how do I unbrick it it still works but besides text and phone nothing shows up on the screen its just black please help my girl been buggin me lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

You should create a new thread as this is a totally new question. Not only is it considered the right thing to do, but if someone has already read this thread and decided they're not interested, they won't be back to open it. So they won't see your question here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae