Contacts

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
When I picked up my phone, the store was really busy, so I thought I could just download my contacts, since I was backed up on line w/Sprint, and I didn't have them blutooth from my old Instinct. I also have them on my computer. Now, I can't find a way to get anything either from my computer or from Sprint to the EVO. HTC Sync doens;t do a darn thing. I can put the contacts on the SD card, but that hasn't helped, so far. Am I gonna have to re-input everything by hand ??? CRAP!! Looks like this thing is going to be another time-waster!!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was having a problem with that yesterday ... Only half of my extended contact list was backed up on Google contact the other on my Pre ... Well Pre community of Devs created a patch that allows the user to email their whole contact via v-card to anywhere ... Here is the kicker ... I didnt do this before I switch my phones so I thought I was dead in the water until I noticed my pre is still was getting data signals Everytime my EVO got an email/voicemail/sms notification, so did my Pre ... Not only was I able to download the patch onto my Pre ... But I emailed my contact list to myself and basically opened the v-card in google contacts and it took seconds to have my complete contact list (Pics didnt make it) without having doubles ... Having everything backed up on your PC ... Then Google is the best way ... I was seemless ... Never totally depend on just one backup system ... But the google environment runs great together just like apple and its environment ... Except that Google is open source.

New2Android

May 18, 2010
Visit site
:eek: hi there I am also in the same situation. Coming from instinct and now cannot get sprint mobile sync to get my instinct phone contacts on HTC EVO. if you find a solution please let me know.

By the way LOVING MY EVO!!!!!!!

When I picked up my phone, the store was really busy, so I thought I could just download my contacts, since I was backed up on line w/Sprint, and I didn't have them blutooth from my old Instinct. I also have them on my computer. Now, I can't find a way to get anything either from my computer or from Sprint to the EVO. HTC Sync doens;t do a darn thing. I can put the contacts on the SD card, but that hasn't helped, so far. Am I gonna have to re-input everything by hand ??? CRAP!! Looks like this thing is going to be another time-waster!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey