1. hjr954#AC's Avatar
    So hears the deal pleases bare with me thru this wall of text and bad grammar.

    I have a family plan with my gf. I bought my friend a refurbished infuse off of atts website. I gave it to him to use not KEEP. He backstabbed me moved to tennessee I suspended his line but refuses to send me the phone back. He has the box but since I got it online no paper receipt. Would I be able to report it stolen down here in FL and give them his address since I know it and I know for a fact its in his possesion or his gfs at the house. Would they be able to make an arrest ? or am I bound by limitations and situation?

    Thanks a 100x over very much!!!!!

    Hopefully a lawyer or person from law enforcement will see this and help me explain my options
    02-17-2012 09:00 AM
  2. Meiji's Avatar
    Yes! You can report it stolen and give the police his address. You have all you need in your email account since (fortunatelly) you bought it online. And if you bought it with your name then its yours and was stolen.

    Good luck!
    02-17-2012 02:30 PM
  3. pazzo02's Avatar
    In the very least, it should get you your phone back.
    02-17-2012 05:10 PM
  4. jefboyardee's Avatar
    If it still has your number, you could remotely wipe yourself off that phone with something like Wheres My Droid.
    02-17-2012 05:47 PM
  5. Rukbat's Avatar
    They can arrest him in Tennessee for theft, possession of stolen property and transportation of stolen property across state lines (a federal charge) - but for something worth as little as a cell phone, they probably won't.

    There's no limitation or "situation" (except the statute of limitations which, even for misdemeanor theft, is quite a while), the only "limitation" is whether your local police and his local police will bother considering the value. Some departments will, some won't. It can't hurt for you to file a report. Go to the police, explain what happened (you don't need the paperwork on the first trip, but it wouldn't hurt to have it anyway) and talk to them. It's free. (Suing him to get the phone back, if the police won't do anything, wouldn't pay. The attorney will cost more than the phone is worth.)
    02-18-2012 10:50 PM