How do you battery pull, with a non-removable battery?

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay I hope that title gets some attention.

For those times when something goes wrong, and your phone freezes or gets an SoD...and the solution is a battery pull and then boot back up...what are you supposed to do when your battery is non-removable? Do you have to wait for it to eventually, possibly, reboot itself? Wait for the battery to die?

Seems interesting to me.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus (Codename Android 1.4.0, CNA.kernel 1.4.4+, Leaked 4.0.4 radios, Inverted Gapps, Nova Launcher #14, 1200/350 UV'ed) in Tapatalk Pro!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think that the non removable battery phones have a Hard Power Off in the Power Switch similar to holding the power button for 5 seconds on a PC. I could be wrong about that but it would seem logical.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay I hope that title gets some attention.

For those times when something goes wrong, and your phone freezes or gets an SoD...and the solution is a battery pull and then boot back up...what are you supposed to do when your battery is non-removable? Do you have to wait for it to eventually, possibly, reboot itself? Wait for the battery to die?

Seems interesting to me.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus (Codename Android 1.4.0, CNA.kernel 1.4.4+, Leaked 4.0.4 radios, Inverted Gapps, Nova Launcher #14, 1200/350 UV'ed) in Tapatalk Pro!

Well, on my Vivid, you hold down the power button until a window pops up, giving you several options. One of which is...Restart. I believe that is the same as a "battery pull". Never had to do a "battery pull" with my old iPhone, i believe that was a Blackberry thing. Good luck.:)

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, on my Vivid, you hold down the power button until a window pops up, giving you several options. One of which is...Restart. I believe that is the same as a "battery pull". Never had to do a "battery pull" with my old iPhone, i believe that was a Blackberry thing. Good luck.:)

I think you are talking about the regular menu that pops up when you hold the power button. But that menu won't work when the phone is frozen.....nothing will. Hence my question.

I don't have a phone with a non-removable battery, I'm just curious.

I wonder if the second poster is correct?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There must be a way to reset by holding down physical buttons. The only phone I have had with a non-removeable battery is an iPhone and when the thing locks you reset by holding down the power and home buttons for ten seconds. I'm sure Android phones with fixed batteries have a similar function.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hold Volume Down + Power will hard reset phones and tablets with non renovable batteries.

Interesting....good to know

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers