Problems adding email account to Samsung Epic 4G

donuts1234

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just bought an Epic 4G, and I'm trying to configure it with my email account. I clicked on the email icon on the home screen, and it instantly brought me to a screen that asks me to enter my email address and account password. "You can configure email for most accounts in a few steps," it says. Lies! I've entered my info at least ten times now, double-checked every time, and every time it tells me that either my username or password are incorrect. I promise you this is not the case. If it helps, I'm trying to configure a Yahoo account.

I tried to add the account manually and the phone says it can't connect to the server.

I may lose my mind over this.

Help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

First I'm a previous Epic 4g owner.. I honestly gave the stock email client/app about a whole 5 seconds of love.. I really recommend trying K-9 email from the Market (free) to use to manage your email accounts. It works great in situations where the stock email client falls short or won't work at all...

Plus it has lots of extras built in to make your email experience more enjoyable/customized.

donuts1234

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I just want my phone to be able to show me my emails when they come in. I have all my accounts (school, gmail, other) redirected to my Yahoo account (laugh if you will; I've had it the longest and have no desire to send out messages telling everyone my new address). There's really nothing to manage.

But I guess I'll look into the K-9 business; thanks for the tip.

I'm now regretting not getting the Blackberry (which is what I had before and it worked just fine in this regard)...