Exchange Hosted Encryption and Android (no go?)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My company just opened up an option for us to send encrypted email (it's optional). It uses "Microsoft Exchange Hosted Encryption" so when we send an encrypted email, the recipient gets an email with an attachment. They open the attachment and login to read the encrypted email.

This works great on my iPad but have been unable to get the attachment to open on Android (the browser just opens with a bunch of encrypted gibberish).

I have tried a couple different browsers (default, Firefox, and Dolphin HD) as well as changing around my user agent settings to various ones, all with the same result.

I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this at all on Android?

EDIT: I also verified it does work on the iPhone. I really don't want to give my boss another reason to keep touting iOS so hoping I can get it working on Android.....

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried it with K-9 as your email client? It may be the client not knowing what to do with it rather than the browser.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No I have not since I think it's a browser thing. The attachment is an HTML file and on my iPad, it opens Safari (to login to view the mail) and it also launches a browser on the phone. I'm pretty sure it's the browser not knowing what to do with it.

Thought maybe changing my user agent to iPhone or iPad or Safari would help, but so far no luck.

Don't know if anyone would be willing to have a look at it, but I'd be more than willing to send an encrypted mail if someone would want to PM me an email address to send it to. Yes, I know how that probably sounds...but I'm trustworthy. Trust me :)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Quite annoying. Thankfully sending encrypted email is only optional right now (and to be used for sensitive info only).

If they switch it to required, I'll be forced (very unhappily) to go to another non-Android platform that does support it :(

Fortunately, I really don't see our company going to enforcing that all email is encrypted. As it is right now, it's only a minor inconvenience since I only get a couple each week and it can easily wait until I'm at my PC to read it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc