writing SMS in big font

TomVal

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
There's quite a few apps for reading SMS messages in big font, but I can't find any way to write a SMS using a font in 30+ points of size. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I couldn't find anything suitable using Google nor Android Market.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't determine the font size the other person sees messages in. Size and characters are completely different things. You see an "A" and your phone has been told to display it large. You can't send a "large A", just an A. SMS isn't HTML.

TomVal

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about font size on recipient's side, I just need to be able to read my text while writing it. 30 pts is the minimum for comfortable reading

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. I consider reading glasses to be a necessary peripheral for a phone. But I don't know of any way to increase the font size without replacing the phone (say a Note, which has a large screen).

TomVal

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe my (almost blind) eyes - on Android, a launcher can be replaced, a dialer app can be replaced ... and an SMS editor can't???

TomVal

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, GO SMS Pro allows to increase the font size in the input field, but only a bit, and no ability to change text/bg color, which is shame compared to other areas of customization. Other tips still appreciated ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1