Calendar issue/? - different dates for "all day" events when I open an entry to edit

c_dub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
not sure whether to post this in the general section or if it is cool to put here in the EVO forum

anyway, i'm a total noob to android, but I'm catching on quick enough.

I use google calendar, which obviously has synced with my new EVO. the issue that i'm having, that is driving me freakin nuts, is that when i open an "all day" calendar entry (for example on June 5th), then click to "edit event", the subsequent screen shows "from" and "to" dates that are different then the date of the current entry (for example "from june 6" "to june 7"). . . wtf? I could see the from and to dates being different b/c it is "all day", but shouldn't the "from" date be the same as the date that I have it shown in my calendar?

and to take it one step further, once i change the dates back to say june 5th, it likes to always add at least one day on to the date i selected.

so alright, what's the deal here . . . what am i missing? is there a setting i need to change (which i highly doubt)? at the very least, somebody please explain the logic to me

thx

airgreg

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
. the issue that i'm having, that is driving me freakin nuts, is that when i open an "all day" calendar entry (for example on June 5th), then click to "edit event", the subsequent screen shows "from" and "to" dates that are different then the date of the current entry (for example "from june 6" "to june 7"). . . wtf? I could see the from and to dates being different b/c it is "all day", but shouldn't the "from" date be the same as the date that I have it shown in my calendar?
thx

I have the EXACT same problem on my ERIS. It is driving me crazy and I can't trust my calendar.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My observation:

The event display shows a day early. The edit screen shows a day late.

Example: I have an all-day event on August 14th. If I do a search for it, it shows up as starting on Aug 13th. If I edit it, the start date shows up as Aug 15th.

Trying to correct it makes it worse because if you change the date to the 14th, it registers as the 15th and screws up the on-line copy of the entry.

Anyone see this behavior in Froyo?

Google really needs to fix this.

Last edited:

dmcduck

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the Android Agenda Widget for this reason.

I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that all-day events touch the midnight boundary of the days, and that's what causes the confusion. But then, someone probably already said that somewhere else.

Just my 2cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21