Manage Contacts among two Gmail Accounts

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I did a search but I'm sure this has come up before - I just don't know where. Here is my problem.

My primary Gmail Account has about 300 contacts in it. I sync everything to and from this account.

My secondary Gmail account is for work and I have about 450 conacts in there. I sync emails and calendar events from this account BUT NOT CONTACTS.

Now I have about 80 contacts from the secondary work account that I need to move over to my primary Gmail account so they are in my phone. It seems like it would be a simple task but I can't find a way to do it. I don't want to sync the whole contact list which would result in duplicate or triplicate entries.

How do I do this?

Roc

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you go into Menu-->Settings-->Accounts & Sync you will see your secondary gmail account. Press on it and check the box for syncing contacts. This will add everything to your contact list on your phone only, it does not upload into your primary gmail account.

Doc

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank You Doc....

But if I check that box, won't it import all 450 contacts to my phone? I only want about 80 contacts from gmail account A moved to gmail account B. I was looking for a way to check only the contacts I would like merged with account A.

I hope I'm making sense....

If you go into Menu-->Settings-->Accounts & Sync you will see your secondary gmail account. Press on it and check the box for syncing contacts. This will add everything to your contact list on your phone only, it does not upload into your primary gmail account.

Doc