Froyo and HTC Sense

soulglo

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, will the inevitable update to Froyo affect the HTC Sense interface on the Incredible (ie will the Sense launcher at the bottom of the homescreen remain the same)? I've only seen it run on devices that either already run stock Android or are capable of doing so.

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I would think Sense will remain basically the same, HTC will only adapt new UI features, or skin and modify new apps. Sooner or later Sense will get an overhaul, but that won't be because of a new Android version, HTC will do it when they want to update the Sense UI to a newer version.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
HTC will request 2.2 from Google, HTC will then tinker with it and add the Sense UI. Word of advice, be VERY patient.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ya with sense updates it is better to hope for root access and update manually or change a rom then it is to hope htc will update. i could be wrong but if you look at their histroy with the original sense on the here, it didn't get updated until a long period after 2.1 was released. and there were no updated prior. they might wait for a bigger update where it adds more feature but it is hard to tell what they will do from this point on