Hands Free Device for People Who Wear Hearing Aids

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your aids. Mine have no phone switch (Widex BTE with RIC - nice aids, if a bit pricey), so it has to be a handsfree that fits over the aid comfortably. i've always used the Motorolas - I'm on a 720 now. Almost loud enough in the car (loud enough if I press the headset tighter to my ear) and comfortable enough to wear all day. (I have to talk to Widex about putting the mic in the receiver, though. That would make the aid ideal.)

With my old aids, with a phone loop on the aid, the Motorola worked through the aid, but unless I was clear of civilization it picked up hum from the powerlines almost everywhere.

If money is no object, there are aids that have Bluetooth in them, so you just pair the aid to the phone and you're done. And you get the full correction for the phone call. (They pick up from your mouth as good as any headset.)

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. That is a big help. I didn't know that they have aids that have bluetooth. I'm trying to get information for my one of my parents who wears hearing aids. I'm not sure of the specific model, or type worn. I just know that they are smaller ones that fit into the ear that are hardly seen. My parents are new to using smartphones and such too. Not to mention that this isn't anything that I've ever really thought about until now.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Phonak Petite hearing aid in my left ear.
This is my hearing aid, and it has the option for a BT attachment.
I got it in this color as well:
Phonak_CROS_BTE_small.jpg

Since I got it I gave up using my in ear Plantronics Voyager Pro.
I then moved to a Motorola T505 speaker but sound was not great going through fm tramsitter in mountains.

I installed a parrot 9100 yesterday and love it.