GMail App Notification Issues

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems where you are not getting notifications of new mail with GMail app as its basically not refreshing or what not. Just FYI I also have the GMail unread count widget working to, but that should affect it. I did a reboot last night and it worked for a bit then again overnight and this morning I know I have new mail but the phone shows nothing unless I physically click refresh in app. Any help would be appreciated and yes I do have notifications on.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I think this is what people talk about when they say the Evo doesn't get "push notifications." Rather than new emails automatically being sent to the phone, the phone has to check the server at intervals. You can set these intervals anywhere from I think 30 mins or 1 hour up to several hour, or refresh the account manually when you open it, but new emails don't seem to trigger notifications because the phone doesn't know they're there until it checks at the next scheduled time.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Well there are no settings in the GMail app to even set the intervals to check the server, do u know how to do that? And if this phone integrates so well with Google why aren't there push notifications, that doesn't sound right.

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Mine is working perfectly. I also have a Pre on another line on the same gmail account. Both phones will alert nearly simultaneously.

KenshoSC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
undeRmine also works great. When I first set it up I used the gmail app and not the HTC email App. Too Mich of a noob to know if that makes a difference.

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You may have turned off the sync feature accidentally. Go to menu-settings-accounts & sync and make sure their is a check mark on background data and auto-sync, and google should have a green sync.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy