I'm looking for some help on answering a few Asus Transformer Questions. I have been looking for something I can browse the internet with, watch video, and take notes in class all while having the capabilities of a tablet. My girlfriend works nights at a sleep lab and has an extremely terrible wifi connection at her work. The only way for her to connect to the internet is via cable. I'm thinking that the Transformer (with dock) is our best option but I was wondering if a simple cable to USB adapter will work on a Transformer for connecting to the internet? Thanks for the help AC!
    03-05-2012 12:02 AM
    The OG Transformer does not have USB connections on the tablet itself, they are in the dock. Even the power on the OG Transformer is an appleesque dongle, so I don't think a USB network adapter is going to work without the dock. But of course if you have the dock, you don't need a USB network adapter!

Sort of a catch 22.

Have you looked into a netbook? Should do most of what you want at a much cheaper price.
    03-05-2012 07:20 AM
    I definitely will be getting a dock with this OG transformer. So does the dock have a cable connection in the back because I'm not seeing one.
    03-05-2012 07:22 PM
    the dock has 2 usb ports but no ethernet.

if your phone allows it, it is realy simple to tether the tablet to your phones 3g or 4g connection. thats another idea if you cant get good network wifi.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2012 07:32 PM
    So what if I plugged in this cable/usb adapter? Would something like that work for an internet connection?

USB Ethernet Adapter, USB Network Adapter, USB to Ethernet, Ethernet USB at TigerDirect.com
    03-05-2012 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD