To connect the Android phone and the PC

manuhard

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I`ve got an Android S610d.

I simply would like that my phone been recognized when I connect it to my PC with the USB cable.
I use the OS Windows 7.

I have seen many forums, but I have not found a solution yet...
In particular, I`ve reinstalled the drivers (With HTC Sync), I have also selected the connection type `disk drive` on the phone.

I have to say that I am a little short of ideas.

Thank you for your help.

manuhard

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you installed the driver and setup the correct options on your device to have it be used as a disk drive. So what is the issue? Are you getting an error or not seeing the device connect as a drive? Are you seeing any messages show up when you connect your device? Have you tried a different USB port or different computer?

Also, what device is the S610d? It sounds like it's an HTC device, but what do they call that model? This might help to know what it is.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
HTC Sync in my opinion is the worst part of HTC. I was never able to get my Inspire to work with it the way it was intended. That being said, I am able to connect in disk drive mode and access the SD card. It does take 3-5 minutes for the computer to connect with it. Are you giving it that amount of time? I rarely even try to connect it anymore. I just use Dropbox instead to transfer files, and a file explorer to manage the SD card directly from the phone.

manuhard

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

Unfortunately no error and I don`t see the device connected as a drive.

I have tried the 3 USB ports of my laptop. And they work well with other devices, such as a digital camera.

the s610d is a device which has just been launched for the chinese market, I guess.
More information about it there :
Newest! Three Netcom mobile phone-HTC S610D is coming!Mobile Phone Wholeseller--Glomarket

--It sounds like you installed the driver and setup the correct options on your device to have it be used as a --disk drive. So what is the issue? Are you getting an error or not seeing the device connect as a drive? Are --you seeing any messages show up when you connect your device? Have you tried a different USB port or --different computer?

--Also, what device is the S610d? It sounds like it's an HTC device, but what do they call that model? This --might help to know what it is.

manuhard

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I`m afraid I`ve already give him 30 minutes, and still no reaction...

Well, I think I would have to use the SD card solution, sigh...

--HTC Sync in my opinion is the worst part of HTC. I was never able to get my Inspire to work with it the way --it was intended. That being said, I am able to connect in disk drive mode and access the SD card. It does --take 3-5 minutes for the computer to connect with it. Are you giving it that amount of time? I rarely even t--ry to connect it anymore. I just use Dropbox instead to transfer files, and a file explorer to manage the SD --card directly from the phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I would think that Android devices should connect to your PC VIA USB right out of the box. I have Windows 7 and had two X2s and both connected without any software, and, with no trouble.

Try different ports on the computer, try a different USB cable, try connecting it to a different computer. Worst case, does your computer have Bluetooth? You could try connecting that way. Or, you could try connecting over your wireless network. Those are workarounds. But, until you get the problem sorted out, this could be a temporary work around.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try to uninstall all your HTC drivers... then connect your device and let it find and install the driver it needs from the internet... they usually connect just fine by itself and will install the correct driver... and after all you have Windows 7, which should find the correct driver. I think the issue is with the driver you installed.