My Android Apps list

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to remove apps from My Android Apps list, on Android Market / Google Play? I have a few hundred in my list and a few dozen of those are apps I plan to never install again. I'd like to remove them from my list in the Market/Play. I've already uninstalled them from my phone.

The Amazon Appstore suffers from this same problem, for that matter.

Ideas?

:(

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have always removed apps from within the Market/Play so the app list stays updated. If you remove from Settings, clearing cache/data in the Market/Play app should re-set your list.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
"Removing apps" is actually Uninstalling them...but that doesn't remove them from the list of uninstalled apps. I don't know of anyone who knows of a way to do that.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The Amazon Appstore suffers from this same problem, for that matter.

It's not a problem, that is how it's supposed to function. Once you have purchased an app, it goes into your list of apps you can download forever. If not, you'd lose the ability to re-download apps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
"Removing apps" is actually Uninstalling them...but that doesn't remove them from the list of uninstalled apps. I don't know of anyone who knows of a way to do that.

By "Removing" I meant uninstalling. If it's a paid app it will not go away because you paid for it, as Devinator mentioned. If however, you uninstall a free app from within My Apps in the Market it will remove it from your list of apps.

Deleting cache and data from the Market/Play app should also reset your My Apps list.

But now you have me wondering if the Google Backup is helping to populate the My apps list? Perhaps you need to force a new backup to get it clear. Of course if you are not using the Google backup then that theory is shot. ;)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If however, you uninstall a free app from within My Apps in the Market it will remove it from your list of apps.
)

Unless you are looking at Market in a web browser. Which I find to be convenient. When I got my refurb under warranty, I was able to look through a list of everything I had ever installed and push them right to my phone. This made the transition to a new phone much easier.

As far as Amazon goes, it appears it keeps your free apps in the list as well.

rgfuller

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Amazon does let you delete apps in your list -- just pick Delete from the action button in the Your Apps list. I don't see how to do it in Google Play, though.. It's a huge pain to scroll through every app Ive ever installed to pick the ones I want to keep..

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Amazon does let you delete apps in your list -- just pick Delete from the action button in the Your Apps list. I don't see how to do it in Google Play, though.. It's a huge pain to scroll through every app Ive ever installed to pick the ones I want to keep..

I'm not seeing it. When you say action button do you mean the menu button? I didn't spend forever looking, but, I couldn't find it.

orateam

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
not sure why, but in myapps in play store within android i'm now seeing a circle with a line through it (ghostbusters symbol) and i can remove them now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc