Can't buy apps on Google Play

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a Nexus S 4G, with an ICS ROM, and ever since updating to Google Play, I can't buy apps. I tried to buy World of Goo, and it says "Error occured. Please try again later". I tried 30 minutes after, and same thing happened.

So, I decided to try to download from play.google.com and got this error: "com.google.checkout.generic.FORBIDDEN", and it wouldn't let me buy it.

I just tried again to download if from the site, and I didn't get the error, and it worked. However, I still can't download from my phone :(.

Any help?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Try going into Manage Applications and clear cache and data for the Google Play app. Then log back in and see if it works.

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting this, but I think it's because I live in Guernsey and my Country (GG) is not supported in Play. Previously I could but with ICS on my Transformer Prime, I was barred. My Desire was OK, until it was updated to Play in the last day or so.

Does anyone know if I can change my Country Code so I can get around this?

Dave

accac22

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had same issue with Nexus 7 unit where for months was able to buy apps, and all of a sudden I seem to be blacklisted from Google and no matter if i try to buy from website with USA VPN or tablet or S3 phone, with various credit card, all my transactions are automatically cancelled. I have been in the black hole of hell with Google customer service for 2 weeks now and they have no clue whatsoever and just bounce me from one agent to the other...they seem to think it's funny and could care less. I am an expat from Canada, working for a US company and posted in South America...that doesn't help... I have spent about 15 hours playing with addresses, credit card in Google account, Wallet, checking bank/credit card addresses, hiding behind VPN or not, using market enablers, clearing data and cache from Google Play and Google Services and all other related mischiefs, deleting Google account, creating new one and starting fresh, resetting Nexus, etc... ... NOTHING!. I am already in the red for Nexus purchase price vs ipad Mini if i take into account wasted time trying to fix what should be a none issue, a simple phone call to help desk, but instead get hell desk... Google no more...

arndmgy

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Google sucks when it comes to making purchases from abroad. I hate to say it, but Apple is far, far,far better to deal with. If you are trying to do anything from outside the US, stay away from Nexus. Hell, the Google regime will not even allow me to buy one as a gift for my nephew unless I travel to the US to do it (or, perhaps, go through a proxy, with the potential issues that such a workaround may cause). Ridiculous from a company that wants desperately to be a global player. Amazon is better to deal with, as well, though not in the same league as Apple. But Google can't even figure out what sport it should be playing.

Leonkurosaki

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I can buy app on play store but I can't buy expensive things like chaos rings lll which cost $63 bucks, yet I can buy a Gane that cost $2-15 bucks. Why?