Could we have an area for originally non-Android devices?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Recently I flashed Froyo to my old, out-of-contract HTC Pure mobile device, which normally uses WinMo 6.5. It's probably the most complicated and daring thing I've ever done with a mobile device, which is the main reason I waited until I was no longer relying on the HTC as my primary smartphone. Accordingly I'm rather proud of myself. :D

However, I don't know if this will enable me to achieve my ultimate goal in this, which is to use the better camera on the old phone while using my new phone for connectivity. For a particular objective, I would like to be able to carry both devices with me, taking pictures with the old phone, then transferring those pictures to the new phone, or otherwise being able to navigate to and attach pictures from the old phone while using GMail or other apps on the new device. I'm not sure about what the details of this arrangement would be. I thought either the new phone can be a portable hotspot that the old phone can log into, or else a Bluetooth connection would do the job. Presumably, said Bluetooth hookup would be by making the old phone visible and pairing the new one to it. But I can't get the connection to work, because when I attempt to do so, the best I can get is "Paired but not connected". And this is the same whether I use the old Windows OS, or boot to the new Froyo ROM. Therefore, my issue may well have nothing to do with my Android flash, but I would be grateful for any advice I can get.

And as a bonus question: could we have a section devoted to Android flashed to devices that were initially non-Android? If this could be implemented, I suppose we'd need separate subforums for each device model, just as we have for Android devices. (Or if such we already have such a forum, where is it?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad