How to get Kiwi PLX Wifi to work on Razr

MarkBan

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Razr phone and a generic Chinese Android Tablet. And I want to use Torque with them both. I have both a Bluetooth adapter for the OBD II and a PLX Kiwi Wifi device. I can get the Razr to work with the Bluetooth device, but I really want to connect the Android Tablet to the OBD II so I can use it as a replacement Dashboard for my Fiero, with a GM 3800 SC III in it. Since the Android Tablet does not have Bluetooth I thought that I could get the Kiwi PLX Wifi to work with it. According to PLX Kiwi it will not work easily with the Android devices and they don't support the Android devices.

However, I plug in the PLX Kiwi and it starts to work and I can see the Wifi signal on either the Razr phone or the Android Tablet. I try to connect and it just times out after trying to connect. In the user manual it tells me to set the device to 192.168.0.11 with a port of 35000 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and to set the program Torque to 192.168.0.10

Here is what the techs at Kiwi said:

"The Kiwi Wifi was not designed for Android devices. However, they can be compatible in some customized scenarios. Unfortunately, we do not have any detailed support on how to establish a connection from an Android device to the Kiwi Wifi.

Generally, the IP address of the Android device needs to be set to 192.168.0.11
It sounds like your devices are trying to acquire an automatically assigned IP address from the Kiwi Wifi, which is a function it does not do.

Inside the app, it needs to be set to 192.168.0.10 in order to point it to the right device."

If someone could help me get this connected I would really appreciate it.

MarkBan