Does the native HTC Mail app in Sense UI, push gmail? Or any other IMAP connections that support the IDLE command? Or does only the native gmail app push gmail?

I ask, because I have multiple email accounts on my phone, gmail, hotmail, etc.. gmail is on the native gmail app, which is currently pushing... but the others are in the HTC Mail app.

I'd rather have 1 app for everything, instead of bouncing between.. IMAP is IMAP.. which the HTC Mail app supports (for moving to and from folders).. but if it doesn't push using the IDLE command (like gmail app does).. then I'm stuck where I am.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    06-06-2010 11:45 PM
    Only the native Gmail app does push email, the HTC Mail app does not. Check out this article for some info on Android and push email, it has some tips you might be interested in. It's worth a look, maybe it's what you're looking for.

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-...sh-mail-server
    06-07-2010 04:18 AM
    Can you route your other email accounts through your gmail account? Running filters and things to keep things organized?
    06-07-2010 11:49 AM
    Can you route your other email accounts through your gmail account? Running filters and things to keep things organized?
    Sure , if you have hotmail (you'd need paid hotmail to do this suggestion)... you can forward your hotmail to your gmail, tell hotmail to leave a copy in your hotmail inbox (if you want), go to gmail, and tell it to match the to: your email address @ hotmail.com (or whatever domain you want)

then filter it accordingly.

Or, in the link that's above your post, there are other instructions on how to route your email thru the gmail servers. and organize everything using filters, add them to your home screen on android, etc ..
    06-08-2010 04:36 AM
    If you set it up as an exchange account it does. Use m.google.com as the exchange server, and then your normal details. Sync only mail, as contacts/calendar are already being synced. works great, except for attachments, which seem to get corrupted.
    06-08-2010 10:54 AM
    That is a fabulous idea!

thank you
    06-08-2010 12:20 PM
    Only the native Gmail app does push email, the HTC Mail app does not. Check out this article for some info on Android and push email, it has some tips you might be interested in. It's worth a look, maybe it's what you're looking for.

But K-9 mail does push mail perfectly with Imap servers. (If the imap server supports IdleD).

And Gmail can be set up to allow IMAP. And once you do this, you can set up the Gmail account to be handled by K-9 mail.

So disable the HTC mail (remove all settings), Set up k-9 mail and you are good to go.
    06-08-2010 02:15 PM
    I am having an issue (and others in the forum are as well) where emails in some folders on my EVO are not there but they exist in the same gmail account folders online. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I have both the gmail app and the native HTC Sense email app running. I got interrupted while activating my EVO with a Sprint rep and she said I could go back and set up email later. I did that but ended up having both apps running and I am not sure if that is correct.
    Since the HTC sense email app does not do push mail but the gmail app does, should I just have the gmail app running? I am not sure if I am supposed to have both the gmail app and the Sense mail app running. Maybe that is part of the problem?
    06-11-2010 01:01 PM
    I have the HTC Incredible and tried to set up my gmail apps gmail through the HTC mail account using Exchange Server. Followed the instruction on this thread and others (m.google.com) and it just hangs up and won't set up. Anybody know what the problem might be?
    06-12-2010 12:53 PM
    I had the same problem I wanted to get all my emails right away and didnt work.So I forwarded my yahoo and verizon.net and att.net to my gmail app so I only use the gmail app and get them all pushed that way works great
    09-20-2010 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD