Hi guys. I just ordered a bionic of of ebay and was wondering about activation. Shouldn't I just be able to pop the sim card out of my tbolt into the bionic and away it goes? Any experience with 4g phone to 4g phone would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Customized Thunderbolt
    03-20-2012 04:43 PM
    Yes, should be all you need. Gotta love SIM chips.. the rest of the world have been operating on them for years.
    03-20-2012 04:58 PM
    You may want to check with Verizon - I'm pretty sure they tie the SIM to the device via the ESN. If so no biggie - give them a call with the ESN and the will send you one - or drop by a store and get one.
    03-20-2012 07:51 PM
    I've swapped phones and hotspots by just changing the SIM. Obviously the carriers want you to call in and update the IMEI/ESN/MEID but with SIM's, service is on the SIM so just swapping should be all you need.
    03-21-2012 11:42 AM
    For a GSM device that's true - but the Bionic isn't GSM - the SIM is for the LTE only.

I can't remember where, but I do remember a thread where an LTE Account was not provisioned correctly and the user switched out LTE SIM's with another device and it was a big mess. This was back when LTE first launched so they may have fixed that by now.

Either way - VZW's not going to charge you for the privilege of taking your $$$....(wait... did I really just say that about VZW?!) Strike that... They SHOULD not charge you for the privilege of getting another SIM card for LTE service on the device.
    03-21-2012 03:46 PM
    My girlfriend had a Thunderbolt then I won a Rezound and gave it to here. All we did was swap the sim card and it was pretty instant with the activation. Didn't have to call or anything. Changed the phone online too. The sim card reads the imei of the phone when it is put it in and the phone is turned on. Only time you will need to get a new sim is if you go from a phone that uses a regular sim to a phone that uses a micro sum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    PvilleComp and cordoni like this.
    03-21-2012 11:04 PM
    Good to know. Thanks dragon.
    03-22-2012 08:51 AM
    Confirming that I just popped it in and it works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD