Help Transfering files to NEW GN

zomblue

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hiya! I got my GN 2 months ago.. from DAY ONE I had connection problems. I live in one town & work 15 miles away in another... no signal anywhere. I loved the GN as a toy, but the calls were of course terrible in quality and I couldn't even get half my apps to work because of NO connection at all most of the time...

I called and had VZ tech several times and they walked me thru numerous "fixes"... none of which worked - so today I went into VZ store and held my GN next to the floor model. The Floor model had full 3G bars in blue (no 4G where I live yet). My phone had a grey triangle without even any grey bars... they FINALLY admitted I had gotten a bad phone. I am supposed to have a replacement sent overnight - no guarantee that it's new etc... the VZ salesperson said she had no control over what I'm shipped.

I am excited that I might get a phone that actually WORKS as a phone lol... if it wasn't for my WIFI at home, I'd have not had any fun with it as the signal sucked.

Ok my question is - is there anyway to backup my programs/games etc so I can easily put them on the new phone? I know how to get the contacts/pix/music/ringtones etc - but some of the themes/apps/games are paid for and I hope to not have to download ALL of that again? I had not rooted the phone yet as I knew I would eventually be replacing it. I'm still pretty much a newb to the phone because of my limitations with the signal issue.

Any help appreciated to make this transition to the new phone go smoother. I only have a short time before I have to send my phone back, so I'm in a hurry to get any help! :) TY in advance!

** I posted this in the VZ Galaxy Nexus forum after I posted this one...wasn't sure where to put it.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci