Activating Phone / Google Play / E-Mail

jrstacy98

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my first Android phone and should receive it tomorrow. Talking to a person at the store and a friend who has an Android I am concerned/confused on an issue that seems important.

I have a Google Apps account - that is my e-mail account - all of our family e-mail is in this Google App Domain. What this means is I use gmail - but I log in with Name@domain.ext then password in Gmail. The guy at the verizon store said I'd need a 'g-mail' specific account to even activate the phone - he didn't think my Google App account would work. My friend said I'd only need a Google e-mail for the Google Play / Store.

And - I've noticed that Google play now shows up in my e-mail and Calendar menu bar. So a lot of text to ask?

1) Do I need a gmail account to activate my new phone (Droid through Verizon).
2) If Yes can it be my Google Apps e-mail?
3) Can I use my Google Apps e-mail for Google Play?

Thank you in advance!

--John

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
A Google Apps account should work fine for activating the phone/Play Store/email/etc on the phone. It is basically gmail, just with some different information.

SOME features are not available (yet) with Google Apps accounts however, such as "chrome-to-phone". Maybe some others but I can't remember off the top of my head.

haris buljubasic

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
sony xperia Lp30p can i have these games fir free asphalt 7 heat,vice city,gta 3 and need for speed most wanted thanks android is the best tomorrow i g oto android shop to buy something new

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Activating Phone / Google Play / E-Mail

There only one google account and on that account you can activate varius google services

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12