how can i play .wma sound files on my phone?
    03-28-2012 09:46 AM
    Try MortPlayer. The app info on Google Play specifies that it can play WMA files, "but only on devices which support them." What device do you have?

The PowerAmp website says it plays most WMA files, except certain WMA Pro files that require NEON--I'm not sure what that means.

Also, are your WMA files DRM copy-protected? If they are, they probably aren't playable if you copied them over from wherever they were. If you ripped the music from a CD into WMA files, then they shouldn't be DRM protected.
    Android has never directly supported .wma files. Motorola built .wma support into some of their early devices but have stopped.

Try Wimamp or PowerAmp music players in the Play Store. I'm pretty sure Winamp will play .wma's.

Hope this helps.
    03-28-2012 08:44 PM
    And you can convert the .wma sound files to mp3 files.
    03-30-2012 12:43 AM
    Try Wimamp or PowerAmp music players in the Play Store. I'm pretty sure Winamp will play .wma's.
    Hope this helps.
    Just tried Winamp and PowerAmp both do not play a WMA audio file.
    so far have not found anything on Play store that plays WMA audio files
    07-15-2013 07:28 PM
    Try MortPlayer. The app info on Google Play specifies that it can play WMA files, "but only on devices which support them." What device do you have?

The PowerAmp website says it plays most WMA files, except certain WMA Pro files that require NEON--I'm not sure what that means.

Also, are your WMA files DRM copy-protected? If they are, they probably aren't playable if you copied them over from wherever they were. If you ripped the music from a CD into WMA files, then they shouldn't be DRM protected.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-2013 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD