941 error help

dingo277

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting a lot of 941 errors in the market place when I try and update apps. Is anyone else having this issue after upgrading to ICS?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing cache and data in the Play Store app. Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> All

If that does not work uninstall the Play Store update and try to update again.

Hope this helps.

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
"URGENT HELP REQUESTED" - I Cannot Download Updates due to ERROR 941 on Google Play/Android Market.
Attention Forum Admins, Developers, Advanced Users, Android Friends, "Please help me"

Ever since Android Market changed/rebranded to Google Play I get the Error 941 error message as soon as I attempt to update my software on my Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (Gingerbread 2.3.6, Model SPH-D700). I also tried to clear the cache, as suggested above, without any success. So, I would appreciate any help from our Android community. Thank You.

Note: Since my phone is under a new, 2-year contract, I am using stock kernel, and will not mod my phone. Thanks.

Update: (March 29, 2012)
The apps I cannot update are: TeleNav GPS Navigator, Adobe Flash Player 11, and Google Maps. (Error message 941)
The app I can update is: Battery Widget. (Zero errors)

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Last night I was getting the same error code, in addition to others, for the first time since the Market re-branded. Since I was using a CM9 ROM I figured it was the ROM and reverted back to stock for the time being. Hopefully this all gets sorted out.

Mr_Twist

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
If the person who opened the topic can make the tittle more better so it could be noticed more Advanced users or developers. Thanks.

Since yesterday I have been getting error message when updating apps in the Play Store But I didn't wanted to open another topic where we can put our problems into one topic.

Error message is "[app name] could not be download due to an error. (940)" this message first came up when I wanted to update Google maps after seeing the new version from AndroidCentral.

This message also affected Adobe flash player as well so I couldn't update this two apps from the market.

Now this two apps don't show in my apps at the market or when I search them.

Another app called Racing Moto was having the same issue yesterday but today gives me this message

"Your content-filtering level doesn't allow you to download this item" I have triple checked the filtering and its not that.

I wanted to make this description properly of this error message because when I was searching on Google about this message they were also a few people with this problem that were complaining on Google forum.

My Device is HTC Desire HD 2.3.5

Many Thanks.

Andy in Mokum

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I was getting the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 after Android Market changed to Play Store. I very quickly resolved the problem by clearing the cache and data in the Play Store. Go to Settings >Applications> Manage Applications> Downloaded. Scroll down to Google Play Store and select. Clear the cache and the data. Return Home and open the Play Store app or, select Applications and find the Play Store icon. Follow the directions and update the apps with the 941 Error. This fix seems to work very well and is painless.

Last edited:

dingo277

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I had truer all that apps I got errors on went away but new apps would then get them. It got to the point I had to do a factory reset and so far so good. Though a tad extream that's what I was left with

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone try to clear cache and data from the Play Store app as Andy and I suggested? None of your posts mention if you tried this or not.

If not, then your first step is to clear cache and data from the Play Store app and if that does not work, uninstall the last update, update your apps, re-install the Play Store update.

Hope this helps.

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Andy.

Thanks for your quick response. I did everything you suggested with no success. My Google Play Store screen only shows two active buttons: Force Stop and Uninstall updates. I cannot click the Clear Cache or Clear Data buttons because they both are inactive and dimmed out. My Sprint phone is the Samsung Epic 4G with Gingerbread 2.3.6.

My phone has plenty of available storage and memory: 225 MB free and 13 GB external storage available on my SD card.
I also chatted with Sprint yesterday, they prepared a problem ticket for me and suggested I chat with their technical department today.

This is a strange issue since I can easily update other apps such as: Battery Widget with no problem.
Yet, the only three apps I cannot update are: TeleNav GPS, Google Maps, and Adobe Player 11.

P.S. If anyone else in these forums have methods that may help us with this issue, please share at your convenience. Kind Regards.

Last edited:

Mr_Twist

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks PvilleComp & Andy in Mokum

For your quick responses clearing cache didn't however clearing google play data helped and I can update google maps where I couldn't before.

The only app that I can't update at the moment on my Desire HD is Adobe flash player it gives me a error message " Your order is processing . Your item will be available in a few minutes"

Cant complain though It did soft most of the problem.

Thanks again

dingo277

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks PvilleComp & Andy in Mokum

For your quick responses clearing cache didn't however clearing google play data helped and I can update google maps where I couldn't before.

The only app that I can't update at the moment on my Desire HD is Adobe flash player it gives me a error message " Your order is processing . Your item will be available in a few minutes"

Cant complain though It did soft most of the problem.

Thanks again

I posted a thread about that issue a few days ago some one suggested uninstalling the market ap then reinstalling it. I tryed it and was able to download adobe flash and run it fine after that. Hope this helps.

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was getting the 941 error for google maps and lookout updates. Clearing the data and cache for google play changed the error to a problem processing the purchase. Uninstalling the updates for google play did the trick.

Mr_Twist

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I posted a thread about that issue a few days ago some one suggested uninstalling the market ap then reinstalling it. I tryed it and was able to download adobe flash and run it fine after that. Hope this helps.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply back, the trick with uninstalling updates to the Google play app really worked.

Uninstalled the updates on Google Play store updated Adobe Flash Player and restarted my phone so the market could get updated.

thanks dingo277 for the tip really appreciated :)

Superowl

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I never got this on Hero but got after two days on new Milestone X2. Tried the clearing of Data and Cache mentioned by Andy and was able to resume downloading. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae