Is it better to store my apps on my phones memory? Or sd card?

AlexOnVinyl

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've occasionally had some issues with seeing the white HTC screen between switching apps and what not, is this because all of them are on my phone? Is it better to put some on the sd card?

Sent from my ADR6400L

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is it better to store my apps on my phones memory? Or sd card

In general, if an app can be moved to the SD card, I do it. There are very few that don't work well on the SD card. Widgets will not work for an app on the SD card. But I have a lot of apps installed, way more than would fit on internal storage. If you don't have many installed, it's not going to hurt to leave them on the phone. Hope that helps.

ElizabethGiltner

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

[URL="http://howto-uninstall.windowsuninstaller.org/how-to-removeuninstall-zonealarm-internet-security-suite-2012-zonealarm-internet-security-suite-2012-removal-tool-download/" said:
AlexOnVinyl[/URL];1685900]I've occasionally had some issues with seeing the white HTC screen between switching apps and what not, is this because all of them are on my phone? Is it better to put some on the sd card?

Sent from my ADR6400L

in my way, I will store those apps in the SD card too; but I would install the ones that I need only for my cell running properly or fast enough.:cool:

Eli:D

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Technically, they should load slower from your SD card. The internal storage should be faster. But, it's probably so small that it's not noticeable.

If you flash or reset a lot, might be a good idea to keep them on the SD card. That way you can flash your phone or factory reset and barely need to think about it.

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

i move all apps that i can to sd to keep internal storage to a minimum... i leave pertinenent apps that i keep running on the phone... reboots/apps will load a bit slower but its negligible... reboot speed also depends on the size of the sd and the amount of files located within that have to be scanned when mounted... keep your running process to a minimum and remove unnecessary system/user apps and you will see a marked improvement in overall response time... are you rooted/overclocked?... that will also improve preformance and is definately worth looking into if you havent already... i hope this helps!...:)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

reboot speed also depends on the size of the sd and the amount of files located within that have to be scanned when mounted...

Hadn't really thought about that, but, it makes perfect sense. My phone was taking two minutes to boot up at one point and it was driving me crazy. Nothing I did was helping. I'll bet that was the issue.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

disabling boot animation/audio increases boot time significantly... buy i enjoy the eye candy... not using live wallpapers is a big+ to both boot/response time and battery drain... i know theyre nice to look at but i prefer longer periods between charges... :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

How do you disable boot animation? Can it be done without rooting? I don't remember seeing that in any of the menus on my phone. I just went to look for it, but, somehow my phone managed to not come with me to the computer, very unusual. :'(

I don't use live wallpapers. And, I got a replacement under warranty because some of the hard buttons stopped working. The new phone boots in probably 30 seconds tops. Much faster than the old phone. We'll see after a couple of more months, only been about two now.