Deleted download manager by mistake..cannot install anything

sdpramanik

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have a LG Optimus V and mistakenly deleted the download manager from Titanium Backup. Now I cannot install anything from the market(play) or download attachments from the browser. I did reset to factory settings but nothing better.

Now I don't have terminal emulator, clockwork recovery or anything of these to reflash to stock, neither can I install anything.

Please help!!!

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are not rooted a factory reset should have fixed the problem.
If you are rooted, you should have AmonRa Recovery or ClockworkMod on your phone. Download a ROM onto your computer and then transfer it to your phone. Reboot into recovery and flash the ROM.

Hope this helps.

Doc

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset only clear user's data. It doesn't effect the os in any way, ie it wíll not restore system app thatbhave been delete.
See if someone witha rooted phone same as yours pull the app for you. You can then push the app system/app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Pville's suggestion. If you can't download via phone you'll need to download onto a PC and transfer the ROM to the sd card.

Your custom recovery should still be available since a factory reset does not restore the recovery image. Good luck.

sdpramanik

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I ended up installing QtADB and also installing super one click and rooted the phone. I had previously lost the root during factory reset. I flashed recovery with flash image and installed Backside ROM. Working wonderfully now and appears smoother and faster than the stock ROM.
BTW, the QtADB is a great tool.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a big deal. The stock version of froyo 2.2.2 is posted for download on Google Play. ( android market). Download it using your computer but have your OV plugged in at the time. It will ask you to sign in. After download. You can unzip the file in your PC, find the file mark apps and it will list the download manager.apk. Manually send that to the sd card on the phone. Disconnect then go into recovery if your file manager won't allow an install from it. One or the other way, you can manually reinstall a piece of the stock rom this way. Either thru your file manager or flashing it while in recovery mode. My camcorder failed and I had to fix it this way once.

By the way..you can take pieces of a custom rom and reinstall them this way too. Make you're using a piece from the latest build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarah Poulin

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
INSTALL WHAT ROM?!?!?!

Play Store keeps crashing and the only fix I can find is to go into the apps and click on "all" and on the bottom is "Download Manager" and to enable it. I can't find a download manager (either at the bottom or under "D"). I looked through the list, one by one, to see if maybe it is under a different name and I can't find anything. I never even uninstalled or deleted a Download Manager. So I figured I would "reinstall" it. But everyone keeps saying to flash a rom on there. What rom? How do I know which one to flash? My phone is rooted and I have clockworkmod.

Please help!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
INSTALL WHAT ROM?!?!?!

Play Store keeps crashing and the only fix I can find is to go into the apps and click on "all" and on the bottom is "Download Manager" and to enable it. I can't find a download manager (either at the bottom or under "D"). I looked through the list, one by one, to see if maybe it is under a different name and I can't find anything. I never even uninstalled or deleted a Download Manager. So I figured I would "reinstall" it. But everyone keeps saying to flash a rom on there. What rom? How do I know which one to flash? My phone is rooted and I have clockworkmod.

Please help!!!

You can try resetting app preferences by settings - apps - menu - reset app preferences. Sometimes this helps Play force closes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

kamran jamil

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Hlo:
I have also the same problem. Did you guys find any way to get rid of this.? my google play is not working and i can download .apk files but my cell is not supporting them. Thanks reply me soon

LorettaRosy63 Games

Jul 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,
I have an eSTAR Grand HD Quad 3G (KERNEL 3.4.67) and mistakenly deleted the download manager with the use of SU (KingoRoot) about two years ago. From back then, I cannot install anything from the Playstore or download attachments from the browser. I did reset to factory settings but nothing returned from the deleted system apps.

Please help! It's important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34