swapped out 4g sd for 16g sd and still same memory left over

drywalljohnny

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Motorala Adrmial droid powered.
I had a 4g sd card in there an there was about 700mb left. So i went a purchased a 16g card.So i transfered everything from my 4g to my 16g card on my pc. put the 16g in an its saying i only have 800md memory left on the 16g card. How can this be? its 12g bigger an basically telling me i have about the same space left over out of the 16g as i did with the 4g card? i only have about 400 song ,25 pics or so 2- 20 secdond videos,and downloaded is say 20 apps. Just dont understand how this can be going from a 4gig to a 16 gig. What did i do wrong or what can i do to fix this?
any help would be great thanks...
i used app killer,speed booster everything something isnt right?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You sure you're looking at the external storage number? Can you read it directly on your computer via a reader, or are you plugging in via USB?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either you're looking at the internal storage (the SD card is external storage) or the card is formatted to one 4GB partition, which is what you're seeing.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
-

If I am reading this right, this is the simplest way of what I suggest to do:

1) Back up external 4GB SD Contents to a new folder on your PC / Mac & verify its all there

2) Turn off phone, then remove the 4GB SD Card

3) Install new 16GB SD in your phone & turn on

4) You have to format the new SD Card on your phone (not on your computer).

5) Reboot or turn off then back on phone

6) Confirm capacity of new SD Card in the phone, it should show 15. GB something empty being named: SD, EXT-SD, etc depending on phone & model

7) Connect phone to computer via USB & then transfer (copy don't move in case you need it later) your PC folder 4GB card contents (from above step # 1) to your new 16 GB SD Card in the phone

8) Reboot phone & check again, it should be working correctly with the correct capacity showing

There are other minor variations to this process, but this is what I consider the best way

Hope that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke