05-20-2012 08:20 PM
33 12
tools
    I was a iphone user, got sick of how apple treats humans and got me a simple optimus slider and love it soooo much

But I'm meeting people who say they love andriod, but say things like, "wish I could afford a iphone.."
    "Wish I had a iphone.."

Etc
    And one user who I respected like crazy, sent me pm saying he "finally" got a iphone and won't be coming here anymore...

Wthhh???

Am I the only one who really loves android? I'm sure I'm not tbh...

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2
    Lizzy-Pooh and basketthis like this.
    04-22-2012 10:04 PM
    I have the galaxy nexus, not rooted
    I love android
    Apple treats users as babies no freedom for customization/itunes sucks
    04-22-2012 10:19 PM
    I have an Optimus V and would never want an iPhone in 1,000,000 years. I love Android.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-22-2012 10:21 PM
    I have an Optimus S. love it and android,
    Waiting for the GS3.

Only reason i would get an iphone is to have some fun by blowing it up
    basketthis likes this.
    04-22-2012 11:18 PM
    I love some free bird iOS, but as far as one being better than the other? Nah. Android is awesome.
    04-22-2012 11:21 PM
    Both are great devices and offer their own perks. I love the customizability of Android and don't see myself switching to an iPhone in the near future. I should add that our home is littered with Apple products, so I'm not an Android fanboy. Just prefer my phone OS to be Android based over the competition.
    04-22-2012 11:44 PM
    I have dis liked anything apple for ever though my wife has the iPhone I will always have an android.
    04-23-2012 07:51 AM
    Well, if he can "finally afford an iPhone" chances are he had a low-end Android (since high-end are the same price).

You can't buy a cheap Android and then expect it to function as well as an iPhone. I know a couple people at work who went and bought a $50 Android phone (can't remember the model), then decided Android sucked because the phone didn't perform well. Duh....gotta buy a decent phone.

I will never buy an iOS device unless they overhaul iOS to at least match what Android can do. I do have a company-provided iPad 2 and it's very limited compared to my Android phone.
    04-23-2012 08:03 AM
    Having used both systems, I'd take Android hands down. My boys have iPod Touch, and after using them, I'd much rather deal with my Photon. Screen size alone puts a whuppin' on an iPhone, typing experience is much better, and the system runs fine. Yeah, so their aren't a billion attachments or cases for it, but I'll survive without the Barbie Phone.
    04-23-2012 08:46 AM
    I love the OP's topic sentence. You can't honestly believe that. If you do, then you need to talk to more people. Android didn't become the #1 mobile OS in the world just because people couldn't afford iPhones.
    04-23-2012 09:13 AM
    Have 4s and love it.

Using nexus now. It's not quite as refined as iphone but it doesn't bother me. The nexus blows the iphone out of the water in all ways except for battery. If you live in itunes or apple tv you might prefer the iphone. But google integration and customization is a win for android in my book and beats out i-world integration.

The ios app store is the big advantage. But Android app store is getting better.

The 4s and nexus cost the same. Not sure why this perception exists. Perhaps because there are cheaper Androids? The 4s beats those hands down.

I will deal with the battery for all the other advantages for now. And as a dev try to elevate the android app selection. But admittedly we dev for ios first then android.

Cheers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 09:30 AM
    Final fantasy 8 on my $200 slider (prepaid), running with no lagg and great sound

My friends iphone 4s
    Crashes right when intro starts, also no keypad

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 10:42 AM
    One thing I forgot to mention. The audio speaker on 4s isn't great but the tiny speaker on nexus stinks. My old ears need more volume. Any idea's on this? Searched the forums. Not much discussion about it. Could use BT but that would kill battery even more!

04-23-2012 10:52 AM
    One thing I forgot to mention. The audio speaker on 4s isn't great but the tiny speaker on nexus stinks. My old ears need more volume. Any idea's on this? Searched the forums. Not much discussion about it. Could use BT but that would kill battery even more!

It's something like Volume+ in the market that solves the nexus volume problem. It supposedly boosts speaker quality and volume tenfold.
    04-25-2012 11:33 PM
    "Why all android users look up to ios" is the same class of question as "why all trees turn orange for Christmas". It's called "a question based on a false premise". The fact that some people you know prefer Apple products doesn't mean that all Android users do. In fact, Android's market share is constantly increasing, and it's not because people who buy $600 Android phones can't afford $400 Apple phones.
    04-27-2012 11:24 PM
    I have friends who love Apple products and were only Android users because the iPhone was not available on Verizon. Of those who switched to the iPhone or got one through work almost every one of them regretted leaving Android.

Sent from my rotary phone
    04-28-2012 11:44 PM
    Choice is good. Pick the one that best fits your needs.
    04-29-2012 08:44 AM
    The majority of people buying Android phones are buying low cost devices that run outdated software and hardware not capable of doing what they need.

These bad experiences lead them to ditch Android the first chance they get because they have now associated that horrible experience with all Android devices.

Android is pushed as a low cost alternative and until that perception is changed, people will continue to believe that Android isn't as good.

I had a friend in this same situation. She had purchased a cheap Android phone and it was laggy and honestly a piece of crap. It was free, what do you expect?

But how could she have known that? Most people don't do research, they simply ask a friend or someone in the store.

Apple will continue dominating the high end market because they have complete control over the carriers.

Say what you will about Apple and their products, but you can't deny their genius at marketing, carrier control, and just general business operation. These things have lead them to the top.

My advice for most people is this. Android can only be truly superior when you buy a device thats the same tier as the iPhone. That way you can make a true comparison.
    04-29-2012 08:54 AM
    I've had the iPhone 4, Nexus S and Samsung Galaxy II. I let my iPhone go. Love android. Being able to customize it right out of the box was a big selling point for me.
    04-29-2012 09:19 AM
    The ONLY reason I have for wanting a iPhone is the damn group messaging... having my phone blow up when my fraternity brothers send a mass text....fuuuck...

04-29-2012 09:26 AM
    I think its gingerbread to blame. It was super choppy and outdated looking on my nexus s compared to my bros 4s. Now with the g nexus I say that race is finally over. I
    If only the next nexus gets an upscale design like the razr or something then it'd be 100%
    04-29-2012 09:30 AM
    Hmmm iPhone users dumping their phones for android ICS. I wonder if this will hurt apples stock in the near future?

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk
    04-29-2012 09:41 AM
    It's been said a million times before, iOS has the advantage on being on only a few pieces of hardware that Apple has full control of the whole UX. Android does not have that luxury. The curses and benefits of having android as an "Open Source" platform is that low end pieces of garbage can run it.

Frankly, Google needs to be a little less dogmatic about the open source thing and publish a higher minimum spec requirement for mobile devices.

FTR if I were to switch to another mobile os it would be WinPho7 not iOS. However, I will never make that switch.
    04-29-2012 01:12 PM
    I do not look up to iOS.
    04-29-2012 04:46 PM
    And here's the thing. iPhones are affordable.
    04-29-2012 04:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD