Jorte Calendar Time Zone Issue

artmanphoto

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am using Jorte calendar 1.3.8 with a Verizon Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2.4.

I live in Kansas City which is in the Central time zone and my Google calendar is set to show event times in the Central time zone. When I travel to Seattle which is in the Pacific time zone - 2 hours AHEAD of Kansas City time my Verizon phone shows the Verizon system time for where I am so it displays Pacific time - 2 hours AHEAD of Kansas City. When I look at the Jorte calendar on my Droid X all of the event times past and future display 2 hours earlier (Seattle time) than they should display. This is bad as when I want to create new events I have to remember that the existing events are displayed 2 hours earlier than they really are.

Has anyone had this issue? I looked in the Jorte settings and I can't find any time zone setting. How can I fix this? I thought Jorte just read the Google calendar servers. I have sent emails to Jorte several times with now reply. Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It could be the older Android version that might be the issue... since you are running a Froyo (2.2.4) ROM... and maybe they are not supporting this older version since they are probably working on an ICS version... just guess work at this point.

Have you tried a different calendar widget? I'm using "Agenda Widget for Android" on a Gingerbread (2.3.6) official ROM... and it works just fine on my tests with Google Calendar. There are a lot of free calendar widgets out there... you might want to try a different one.

Puffinchaser

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am having a similar issue. - running Android 2.3.4 on my Droid Bionic using Jorte 1.4.2. It may have started when I allowed it to sync with Jorte Cloud. Jorte is the only calendar that I have found that actually does most of what a calendar should do without syncing to Google calendar. For to those of us who used Palm and then BB calendars, Google calendar is a joke - not to mention that Google has no need to know my calendar and who I do business with. if you allow a more sophisticated calendar to synch with Google, Google Calendar messes everything up.
My current problem is that the program re-sets the time zone (and therefore all my appointments) from EST to "Atikokan" which is an hour later - apparently not Daylight Savings Time(?). I also can not find any default setting for new appointments. It is a decent program but language and translations make communications difficult with the developer.
has anybody else run into this and come up with a solution?

Thank you!

The Real Foggy

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and found the solution (I think) on the Jorte website at Create and Display Event Schedule. It definitely changes time to GMT (as I require) but has the same place name, although when I corrected this on one calendar entry it now says that I have 99 appointments to send (sync) so I expect that my tablet will now have duplicate copies of the appointments when I sync. Hope this helps!

Update: Forgot to say I am using Android 2 on my Samsung mobile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad