Gmail app delay receiving mail

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who's disenchanted with the Gmail app on Android? I was hoping it would be better with my Nexus, but nothing has changed.

It doesn't seem like true push. If I set Gmail up as an exchange account in the mail app, it receives my e-mail and notifies me within seconds of sending a test message. The Gmail app randomly notifies me within about 15 minutes or so. Call me anal, but I like to receive my e-mail as soon as possible (sometimes it's important) and I don't see why there's a delay on the official Gmail app.

I know this has been an ongoing issue for some time with Android and my co-worker claims that he's perfectly happy just using the Gmail app, but my experience is that the Email client receives e-mail faster and that's important to me.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It has been working fine for me. I know occasionally an e-mail won't arrive instantly, probably due to connection or network overload, but for the most part I have no problem.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No problems here and agree with pazzo. If I'm in a dead area or service cut I'll receive the email once the connection is established. Is the Sync option selected in accounts via the settings menu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox