warning indicator says battery is losing charge too fast

jumbyhead

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
A random warning message occassionally pops up on my samsung galaxy fascinate. It says: "Warning: Battery is losing charge too fast. Tap here to download and fix now". At the top of my phone, on the status bar, there is a small icon of a red battery with a line through it. How did I start getting this notification and how do I get rid of it? It's like a spyware or something, I think.
thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like an advertisement trying to bait you into clicking it. Does it occur whenever you have a particular app open? Or does it appear in the status bar all the time?

I would suggest going into your apps management (via menu > settings > applications > running) and see what apps are running in the background that shouldn't be. Find apps that are not supposed to be running and stop it. I would recommend deleting it if it's something you don't use.

Hope this helps.

jumbyhead

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I tried what you said, but there are no apps on there I don't recognize. Any other ideas? anybody else out there seen this?

ArtieD

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Stop "Battery Losing Charge" Notification

I had the same issue. The problem was the following App. Once I deleted the App, the problem went away. In fact a current "Battery Losing Charge" notification immediately disappeared. Too bad, because I liked the App.

Delete this App: Android Speed Booster FREE by Silver Spark Studios
:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech