3 Burning Questions about Android

apark

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner for Android phones and I love my Droid Incredible! I used to have a non-Smart Phone in the LG enV Touch and there are a few features I miss from my old phone. Do you know how I can either activate these or if there is an app that gives me these features?

1. Sometimes I'll dial my contact's home number first. If I get his answering machine, then I'll want to dial his mobile number next. In my enV Touch as well as my RAZR, I could press the right arrow button with the contact highlighted in my phone log and it would cycle through the various numbers I have for the given contact. So after not getting a hold of them on their home phone, I could press the right arrow once, and try their mobile number.

I don't want to do a long-press, "view contact", then "Call mobile" to try his various numbers. What am I missing?

2. I could set my enV Touch to verbally announce the caller ID. So, if I left my phone in the kitchen and my mom is calling me, the phone would announce, "Mom, Mobile" so that I knew my mom was calling from the mobile phone without me having to run over to the phone and see who it is. Can my Droid Incredible be set to do that?

2 (Bonus): I have the Jawbone Icon headset. I appreciate that it tells me the caller ID by phone number, but if the caller is in my phone book, I would rather hear, "Mom, Mobile" than "9-9-9-5-5-5-1-2-1-2" Is this possible?

3. In my phonebooks, call logs, etc..., I would like to see the phone number formatted as 999-555-1212 rather than 9995551212. Is this possible?

Thanks!

apark

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
as for #1 just tap the card icon in the right edge and it will automatically bring up the contact no long press needed. this is from the phone not the contacts app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463