Question on Browser

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this problem is starting to tick me off.

When I type in a web address, the Android browsers automatically redirect me to the "mobile" version instead of the full version.

I want to know how to force the browser to take me to the full version of the page. I dont want to view the "mobile" version. Anyone know how to do this?

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
IIRC there is a setting in the menu section of the browser app to "show mobile view". Have you tried unchecking this?

The only issue I have with it unchecked is that verizons link to my verizon stuff doesn't work when its unchecked. Similarly, they also don't work when I'm connected to wifi at home, checked or not.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I did find that option in DolphinHD...but all it does is go from text to graphics mode. It doesnt force the "normal" version of the page to load either way.

Is this something that is specific to the website? How can I trick the website into thinking I am viewing from a desktop machine?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, problem is solved for this specific website...they have an option for "view page in desktop format" that I didnt see before.

Still irritating that I cant force the full version if I want. I really dont like the idea that I cant control this on my end. The whole reason I have an android is so that I dont have to view the abbreviated version of the web on my phone...

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, this is a feature of mobile browsers. Namely, they are IDed as being mobile browsers when they connect to a website. The website then automatically sees this and redirects you to their mobile version so the page loads faster for you.

To my knowledge, there is no way to have the browser act like it is a desktop one by default. All mobile browsers have this feature. And all websites you goto should have a "view full version" button somewhere. And besides, why would you rather look at the full version? They would take much longer to load and you would have to zoom in/out to see what you are doing. Plus they would probably have flash ads galore ;)