Best Data Transfer Method - Upgrading Phones

witnercoat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been discussed. I have searched but found nothing. If you have a link, I would appreciate it and be glad to read it!

I'm upgrading from the old EVO to the new. Not worried about too much data except transfering apps. What's the best method for this? Is there a way to back up to DropBox using Titanium?

I'll be using a new SD card and I'm sure there won't be a root for the new one for a couple weeks or so, so I feel my options are limited. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

-e

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
copy them to your dropbox (granted you have enough space on dropbox)... then just dl them back to your new sd... then use astro file manager to backup/install... at least i think this would work:)

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
This post may help:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...back-up-what-restore-when-switching-roms.html

If you use Titanium, you will not be able to restore from Titanium until/if you get Root on your new device.

I would recommend using Titanium to back up your apps, but also set up an AppBrain account and sync you apps so you have a list of them. Then download them fresh from the market. When you do get root, you can use Titanium to restore data only for the handful of apps that hold state, like games, and get your progress back.

Another way is to backup you apps to Google under Accounts and Sync. Last time I did a full wipe with the Google Backup, most of my apps automatically downloaded from the market.

Pictures, music and whatnot should be saved to your SD Card or Dropbox, then you can copy them to your new SD Card.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara