ADW launcher EX

Vecky

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am new in the Android system and I just installed the ADW launcher EX in my phone. On the home page the Google search bar has been replace white a different search bar (in Chinese).
Is there any way to remove or uninstall this search bar. Any recommendations?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think ADW EX has the search bar widget...I could be wrong though. I would suggest long pressing the widget as mentioned by Clodfelterac and move it to be removed. You might also want to try a reboot and see if that clears it up.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think ADW EX has the search bar widget...I could be wrong though. I would suggest long pressing the widget as mentioned by Clodfelterac and move it to be removed. You might also want to try a reboot and see if that clears it up.

it does... and thanks for reminding him/her to reboot... i forgot to mention that... oops... :)

danvalentineusa

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded ADW Launcher EX on my LG Optimus Elite from 4sync (formerly 4 shared). The problem is, when I press the home button it brings me to the default Android 2.3.7 home page, when I want it to go to the ADW Launcher. On my old LG Optimus V when I set up ADW it just made it so when I press home it brings me to ADW. So, how can I fix this?

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded ADW Launcher EX on my LG Optimus Elite from 4sync (formerly 4 shared). The problem is, when I press the home button it brings me to the default Android 2.3.7 home page, when I want it to go to the ADW Launcher. On my old LG Optimus V when I set up ADW it just made it so when I press home it brings me to ADW. So, how can I fix this?

I'm pretty sure if you clear the defaults on the standard launcher in Settings/Apps, the next time you hit the Home button it should prompt you to choose.

BTW, on a side note, do you notice with ADW sometimes when you close out an app, the shortcut icons on the dock are unresponsive for the first few touches? It's driving me nuts.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if you clear the defaults on the standard launcher in Settings/Apps, the next time you hit the Home button it should prompt you to choose.

BTW, on a side note, do you notice with ADW sometimes when you close out an app, the shortcut icons on the dock are unresponsive for the first few touches? It's driving me nuts.

adw is crap,and downloading it from 4sync makes it ILLEGAL CRAP!! :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
adwex is excellent on gb... adwfree is slow and buggy... probably to push people to ex... i run ex in my gb and its always been super quick and smooth... 6 months so far with no hangups at all... and its cheap... winwin situation... :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the free version seems a little buggy. At least the times I've used it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance