When turning on the phone, is it possible to display the app that was on the screen when it timed out instead of reverting back to the Home screen?
    06-12-2010 09:22 AM
    i don't think this is possible because when you restart you're phone it is clearing your history and in way starts fresh. their could be an app in the market that allows this but i am not aware of it.
    06-12-2010 10:24 AM
    What do you mean by "turning on phone"? If you just mean turning the screen on after it times out and blanks, that's what my Evo does. First the unlock screen, then when I swipe down it goes to whatever app was last open.
    06-12-2010 10:32 AM
    What do you mean by "turning on phone"? If you just mean turning the screen on after it times out and blanks, that's what my Evo does. First the unlock screen, then when I swipe down it goes to whatever app was last open.
    For example, I am in my podcast app and the screen times out and turns off (set for 10 mins). When I turn on the screen (press the top button) it brings up the Android lock screen and I slide it down. The next screen is back to the home screen not the podcast app.

You are saying when you swipe down to unlock the screen it automatically displays the app you were using before the screen turned off?
    06-12-2010 10:36 AM
    i don't think this is possible because when you restart you're phone it is clearing your history and in way starts fresh. their could be an app in the market that allows this but i am not aware of it.
    Thanks, I will look around the app store for something.......
    06-12-2010 10:37 AM
    I found an app called "Screen On" that could work in a round about way. It keeps the screen on if a certain app is running. When the app stops, then the device reverts back to its normal screen time out settings.

This will burn through the battery faster than I would like but when I am listening to podcasts, I am usually next to a micro-usb cable.
    06-12-2010 10:50 AM
    My phone does that. I just tested it with a couple diff ones and each time the last app running was on screen
    06-21-2010 11:20 PM
    Mine does the same.
    06-22-2010 12:11 PM
    For example, I am in my podcast app and the screen times out and turns off (set for 10 mins). When I turn on the screen (press the top button) it brings up the Android lock screen and I slide it down. The next screen is back to the home screen not the podcast app.

You are saying when you swipe down to unlock the screen it automatically displays the app you were using before the screen turned off?
    Hey, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Somehow I missed the continuation of this thread. Anyway, yes, I'm saying exactly that. I've checked it numerous times with mutiple apps, and it seems to consistently work this way.
    06-24-2010 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD