HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed

mrmwiley

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Just like to let you know that there are issues with Bluetooth connectivity on the HTC One X that seem to be somewhat widespread.

I called a rep today to report some issues that I have been experiencing with my One X in regard to Bluetooth connectivity with my car stereo, Bluetooth headset etc.

They advised that they have received a number of calls regarding this issue and other related Bluetooth connectivity problems and have been instructed to log all calls to this regard.

I was instructed to monitor HTC's Twitter, Facebook and forums for any updates regarding an upcoming fix to address the issue.

Reactions: dondabomb523

dondabomb523

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm this issue. Wont connect to my car stereo(s) and will not stay connected to my Plantronics Voyager HD bluetooth headset. Called HTC and they are logging calls but no ETA on fix... Shame because I like this phone but this is a deal breaker for me.

tamerjamil

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I' having the same problem. Specifically I can't get my HTC One X and Polar H7 heart rate monitor to communicate.I called HTC in the UK and they didn't know anything about it, but did say they would keep track of it. I'd appreciate any additional information you have regarding this.

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
+1 for me. Difficulty connecting to Motorola S9-HD and Nokia BT-505 stereo headsets. They will connect but it's never automatic like it was on my iPhone. Signal loss is frequent, also.

docuwize

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth for HTC One won't stay connected to BMW car stereo... it starts off fine then has a high pitch tone, I can't hear the caller but the caller says they can hear me. Deal breaker on this one.. Need a fix quickly!
:(

Lou Montulli

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with my EVO LTE and a 06 BMW 5 series. I can pair the phone and start calls, but the bluetooth connection starts making odd pinging or ringing sounds after about 30 seconds of a call. It sounds a bit like a modem trying to connect..

cell-geek

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Same problems here. Just got a new ViseeO MB4 for my E350, and the OneX doesn't even find the device. I'm going to log a call to HTC and then revert to my Galaxy II Skyrocket until they fix the problem.

tamerjamil

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi again,

I have done som research and found out what the problem is maybe. This post is taken from someone else.

"The problem is not the H7 but that Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich does not support bluetooth smart or smart ready devices yet.

Android does not have native support for the new bluetooth standars.But som handset providers have implementet it them self, like Motorola So until Google/HTC/Samsung and rest of the lot gets there act together and pushes out an update.

The HTC One V, S and X has a Bluetooth 4.0 chip wich support BT Smart and Smart ready communication but when Android does not support thoose protocols we are out of luck.

Ref:

Is Android Delaying the Bluetooth Smart Train? (english)

Se opp for Bluetooth Smart - Mobili.no (Norwegian)"

Now I don't know how true this is but if it is it may explain the problems.

shabdude

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Got an HTC One V,ICS 4.0.3.
Connected via Bluetooth to my Jeep Grand Cherokee,Uconnect System (RB2).
Pairs and connects all ok.
Able to stream music via the bluetooth, car speakers.
However,
1. If someone calls me or I call, I can hear them, they can't hear me
2. If I disconnect the bluetooth, no calling sound on the phone or phone speaker either
3. Have to reboot Phone to get sound back onto the phone.
4. Have updated the Uconnect system to the latest software. 10.00.11
5. Have tried other bluetooth devices(HTC also), same thing
6. Strangely if I call someone using the Bluetooth connection, and their line is "engaged" ie in use, the "beep"Beep"sound will come through.
7. Tried using the "car" application as well, changed default bluetooth audio settings, HTC or Uconnect, makes no difference.

This has to be an ICS issue ; Google / HTC needs to sort it out.
:(:':)(

shabdude

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so here is what I did,
Checked for available software updates. Settings>about>software updates> check now
There where some updates available so I installed them.
This fixed the issue descriped above with Bluetooth sound on car speakers.
But it however created another problem.
Everytime I open my Android Calendar, the phone reboots automaticaly, becomes unstable, bluetooth doesnt startup sometimes, requires a proper switch off and startup to work.
Installed another calendar from the google shop, and that works ok.
:)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I open my Android Calendar, the phone reboots automaticaly, becomes unstable, bluetooth doesnt startup sometimes, requires a proper switch off and startup to work.
:)

Did you try clearing cache, data, etc. from the Calendar? I know you have work around but I was just curious if that would work.

shabdude

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Have cleared the cache, made no difference.
Logged a problem with HTC, who confirmed they are aware of the calendar crashing issues after the update and are working on a fix. Could be another 5 weeks or so.
Overall my problem is now resolved, and prefer using the other calendar with more features.:D:):D

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks for the update. With HTC aware there is no point in really worrying about it anymore, even if you didn't like your new feature rich calendar. :p

StevenHB

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here is what I did,
Checked for available software updates. Settings>about>software updates> check now

While I followed the settings/about path you mention, I don't seem to be able to find the "software updates/check now" option (I'm on AT&T if that matters). Am I missing something obvious?

I also discovered last week that if I reboot my phone after I've started the car, that the phone won't reconnect with the radio. I tried turning bluetooth on and off repeatedly but this didn't help (this approach worked with the same car and the Samsung Captivate [Galaxy]) phone I used until a couple of weeks ago).

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you go into Settings >> About Phone/Tablet, you don't see anything regarding updates? Like System Updates? Or System Firmware Update?

Did you try clearing Cache, Data, etc. from the Bluetooth App under Manage Apps?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to have WiFi and Bluetooth on simultaneously. I have done so with several devices. But, I guess it could have something to do with when both of those are on AND you are trying to connect to your car.

But, then again, what do you really need WiFi for in your car? :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante