AT&T vs. Verizon

AT&T or Verizon

• Total voters

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be making the switched from Sprint to a new carrier in less than a month. I am moving and where I am moving too has ZERO Sprint coverage, which honestly I am not to upset about :p . AT&T and Verizon are the two carriers with the best coverage, and both have 4G in the city I am moving too. I know Verizon is the best, but is there a MAJOR difference in speeds etc. Verizon doesn't really have a phone that stands out to me atm, and AT&T has the One X and quite possibly the S3 before I make the switch. But I don't want to go with AT&T and regret not just going with the BEST service in Verizon. But if the difference is not extreme, then I might be able to live with it, if it means I can get the phone I want.

Zip Code of where I am moving too: 58503

Thanks in Advance.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Since the service is roughly the same and a contract will be involved, I would go with the carrier that had the phone that I wanted.

Reactions: fofjjsr

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is known for screwing customers regularly - I hear widespread complaints regularly. The latest is the failure to update the Galaxy Nexus from 4.0.2. You could buy the same phone from Play with 4.0.3 (updates immediately to 4.0.4) and go with the carrier of your choice.

// Sent from my Interociter //

Thing342

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon has the best service in my area, however the 3G network is dreadfully slow (IE 200-300 kbps), and LTE is spotty.

AT&T, on the other hand has the One X, and you can put a takju GNex on the network. The thing about AT&T (At least where I live) is that it is very difficult to get a 3G signal, and we probably won't get LTE until 2013 or later.

I'd go with Verizon.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
As soon as my contract is up, I am going GSM:) I will miss Verizon's customer service, some of the best, but I won't miss the crappy android phones.