Wife leaving WebOS; which Android?

Fisack23

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Overall she likes her FrankenPre (Sprint), but the lack of a functional camera/barcode scanner (which she needs for work) leave her longing for greener pastures.

Her contract is up and she's asking me what to get. I'm staying with WebOS as long as I can, but I've looked at phones for her. She uses it primarily for phone calls, texting, Facebook, calendar, photos/videos and uploading, and occasional Navigation.

I have been interested in the HTC Evo 4g LTE, the Samsung Nexus, and the Samsung Galaxy SIII (coming soon). Obviously, the Evo is held up at the border, the Nexus is available, and the S3 is coming soon.

What experience have any of you had with these phones (or evolutions of these phones)? My research says that the HTC will most likely be the most reliable, but that the Samsung's also have strong points.

Thanks to all -

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would personally advise on the One X. Only because it has a built-in customized interface that appeals to a lot of first time Android consumers.

That said, if you want to build/customize your Android experience and Sense does not appeal to you, I would recommend the Nexus.

I fall into the latter camp

Both will serve all the needs you listed. From there It boils down to looks and personal preference.

Milo wrote up a really nice sticky for former webOS users.