I have Google Apps email for my personal domain. On the PC, this means that I can use the Gmail interface to manage emails.

I have successfully added this email account to my Android 2.1 phone (HTC Incredible) as an IMAP account. However, this does not give me the Gmail interface for the account on the phone. For example, there is no "Archive" button on the phone.

Is there any way to get the Google Apps account to appear in the Gmail app on the Android phone?
    06-14-2010 01:54 PM
    06-14-2010 02:43 PM
    Thanks very much. That worked well to add the Google Apps account.

Next: When I had set up Android Market the phone of course required a gmail account. I used one that I have but isn't frequently used. When I just tried to delete that gmail account I received an error saying that some applications require it and that I'd have to reset the phone to factory defaults, removing all personal data. That's not a total disaster as the phone is < 1 week old.

However, is there a way to get the phone to use my Google Apps account as my default "gmail" account? (It worked as a "Google" account)

On a more global scale, I guess I have a lot of things attached to my older gmail account (Google Profile, Checkout, YouTube, etc. etc.)...so is there a good strategy for managing this or should I just keep both Google account on the phone?

Thanks
    06-14-2010 03:02 PM
    I finally got myself all setup with Google Apps.
    I was with 4smartphone. Switched the domain to Google Apps.
    Advice for you business guys; surely use google's temp email service in the instructions. That way your email doesn't miss a beat.

All I'm looking for now is a good desktop program that allows me to access all my Google App PIM offline.
    06-17-2010 05:09 PM
    thanks
    06-17-2010 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD