I thought these were only supposed to work with a finger touch. I had No Lock installed but had to disable it because when I would take my phone out of my pocket it would have a web page or text field open with a bunch of gibberish typed in by my pocket! Am I wrong about capacitive screens?

Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX 2 using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2012 11:41 AM
    Basically any source of body heat can trigger it, such as your leg through a pocket. I use my nose to tap stuff sometimes if my hands aren't free...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    06-01-2012 11:48 AM
    I thought these were only supposed to work with a finger touch. I had No Lock installed but had to disable it because when I would take my phone out of my pocket it would have a web page or text field open with a bunch of gibberish typed in by my pocket! Am I wrong about capacitive screens?
    As tirith said, it is possible to have your leg set off the touchscreen. It's not likely, but, it can happen.

I use my nose to tap stuff sometimes if my hands aren't free...
    Lol, I did that once while doing yard work and wearing thick leather work gloves. Sent a text message to someone using my nose.
    06-01-2012 01:05 PM
    As tirith said, it is possible to have your leg set off the touchscreen. It's not likely, but, it can happen.

Lol, I did that once while doing yard work and wearing thick leather work gloves. Sent a text message to someone using my nose.
    My butt turned my launcher apps into others and turned on my flashlight yesterday...

I do tree work for a living, so I do it a lot

Devinator likes this.
    06-01-2012 03:00 PM
    Basically any source of body heat can trigger it
    Small electrical charge*. If it was heat our phones would never work in the Summer. Just pointing that out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2012 03:22 PM
    My butt turned my launcher apps into others and turned on my flashlight yesterday...

I do tree work for a living, so I do it a lot

Lol. That's great. I usually lock my phone before I put it in my pocket, so, it's rarely an issue. Never had anything that crazy happen though. Too funny.
    06-01-2012 03:50 PM
    It was locked, and I have "pocket detection" which obviously doesn't work lol. I only realized it was on because it started burning me...

06-01-2012 06:54 PM
    It was locked, and I have "pocket detection" which obviously doesn't work lol. I only realized it was on because it started burning me...

How did it unlock in your pocket? Wouldn't you have to hit the power button and then use the slider and possibly put your pin in?
    06-01-2012 09:44 PM
    I don't use a pin. You can use either the power or camera button on my phone, apparently my *** did the slider, changed all 4 of my launcher shortcuts and turned flashlight on., all in about 40 seconds

06-02-2012 09:37 AM
    Showoff ... :-P :-)
    06-02-2012 05:38 PM
    I don't use a pin. You can use either the power or camera button on my phone, apparently my *** did the slider, changed all 4 of my launcher shortcuts and turned flashlight on., all in about 40 seconds

Maybe you should consider using a pin. Doubt your *** could do that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2012 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD