Just downloaded the Android central app., how do you get it too open right to this forum without going through all the other pages?

I see a favorite button but no way to tag a particular forum or topic as a favorite.
    TX

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2012 08:20 PM
    Hello,

All you need to do is navigate in the AC app to the forum of your choice and long press on the sub forum of choice.

Example long press on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus sub forum name and it will give you a pop up like below.

Select create short cut and that will place a short cut directly on your home screen

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    samkatz likes this.
    06-02-2012 08:55 PM
    You also have the option after you make certain threads or forums as "favorites" to go into Settings and select for your Default View "favorites" and it will always open to your favorites list when you open the app.
    Papasmerf and samkatz like this.
    06-02-2012 09:01 PM
    Thanks. I was trying to figure this out as well. Question : why bother having a favorites button if there's no way to assign a page to it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2012 09:04 PM
    Question, does it show forum pictures better than tapatalk?
    06-02-2012 09:14 PM
    tx all. I got the shortcut thing, but not how to make a favorite.
    06-02-2012 09:20 PM
    Question, does it show forum pictures better than tapatalk?
    AC's App is Tapatalk.. Its vanilla Tapatalk that was customized/themed to AC's specs.
    06-02-2012 09:20 PM
    tx all. I got the shortcut thing, but not how to make a favorite.
    Its a screwy deal with Tapatalk... Making a Favorite is achieved by long pressing on forum or thread of choice and "subscribing" to it...

Weird but it is what it is.....

Note: Once it is a "favorite" by subscribing to it you can select the Favorites tab and then long press on the favorite of your choice and select "Change notification type" so you can choice to be notified or not of new posts.
    samkatz likes this.
    06-02-2012 09:23 PM
    thanks a lot. On most forums "subscribe" means get e-mail notices.... am all set now.
    06-02-2012 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD