MP3 Unknown Artist -- Will Not Play

Kortzy

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi..I know there are other topics similiar but I've been researching. I have a Samsung Transform Ultra and about 462 songs. When loading these onto my phone about 200 will be playable. Here is some info about these files:

They are all MP3, tagged as ID3.2. They all have album art and album artist configured. I have used MP3Tag 2.51 to do this. I have used many other applications such as WinAmp, DoubleTwist, MP3Grabber, ID3Fixer to no avail. I have even tried converting to MP4. I am at my wits end that an Android phone cannot do something as simple as play MP3 files...any and all help is appreciated.Willing to disclose any and all apps I have installed as well as anything else needed. Also, are there any tips on how to get MKV files and the like to play? I've been through most of the video players with no luck as well. Thanks! :'(

Last edited:

adamMST

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If your files are in a supported format for the device, not sure about mp4 but mp3 should be fine. I would say that you most likely have some corrupted files. ID3 tagging software is notorious for this.

Does it give you any kind of an error message? what exactly happens when you select one of those files?

Kortzy

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Before I changed them at all, it would say 'error this file cannot be played' and it would just skip over my entire library before crashing the phone.

Now that I messed up the ID3 tags, they do not give me that error, but instead register a --:-- playtime and rush through all of the files before the phone crashes, the other half of the library plays with no problem. And my songs are mixed with both download and CD ripped music. And both types have and don't have these playing problems.

Any help you can give me is appreciated. I'm a new android user and was not aware that fixing the tags would make it worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital