Is There a Way To Backup Without Power?

Gm0987

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So i broke the screen on my Galaxy Nexus.

I also broke the power button (flex ribbon) at the same time.

I am told that the technicians will wipe the hard drive when they go to fix the screen.

I am wondering if there is a way i can backup the pictures from my phone to my PC without the power on the phone turning on.

Also if anyone knows if this wipe is even necessary, i have another tech who seems somewhat shady and small scale but claims he can fix it without the wipe.

Thanks in advance.

Gm0987

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I figured it was just part of their repair protocol, unfortunately i can't convince them not to wipe it and i won't be getting the work done by them otherwise.

I already tried to fix it myself and broke the flex ribbon connecting the power button... soo i'll hold off on screwing anything more up myself.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am in no way being a smart ass by saying this (although I'm sure now that's what you'll think :p ), at regular intervals, especially after I go out somewhere where I take lots of pics, I take them off my phone and back them up on several hard drives.

And, for the future, you might want to consider having your SD card set as default picture storage. Much less likely to be damaged (unless you drop it in water I guess).

Who did you talk to about not doing a wipe? Was it just a front line CSR? If so, you might wanna ask to speak to someone else. It can't hurt to ask to speak to someone with more authority and they might be able to at least make a note on your account. Not that that means it'll get read and they wont do it anyway, but, it couldn't hurt. And, even if they say no, you didn't lose much by trying other than some time.

Gm0987

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Ya thanks for the tip. The phone is fairly new and i had not yet got in the habit of backing the files to my PC.

I have a guy locally who claims he can fix it without the wipe. I'm just worried he's going to take off with my parts and phone, so i'll have to take precaution.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to hit the Thanks button in addition to your text based thanks. ;)

Yea, be careful if it's not a legitimate business. I'd still suggest calling back and getting your call elevated if you only talked to a first level CSR. Can't hurt and would be safer than this potentially shady person.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae