Wet Phone - when to try to turn back on??

msorense

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I apologize as I know this is the millionth wet phone ask on the site....

My phone was in my backpack yesterday when my water bottle came un-capped.....it immediately stopped working. I read the posts and have had it in a ziplock bag full of rice since yesterday afternoon.

I tried to turn it on this morning and while the intro screnes (Motorola brand and droid brand) came on fine....when it was time to bring up the home page, all I got was a backlite black screen. I decided to quickly try to charge the battery....and again got the backlite black screen. So I unplugged and put it back in the rice bag.

How long before I give up the dream and have to buy a new phone. Is there any hope at this point?
Thanks!

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you take the battery out while it was in rice? I dropped my thunderbolt into a bowl of cereal. Immediately put it in rice for a few hrs.. it worked great after.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Dang man. That's rough . Just keep it in rice. I've heard if you charge 2soon, you could damage your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Had both of my son's take their batteries out and leave them in rice for 3 days and they both come back.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trowis

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my transform in a toilet, immediately popped the battery and kept it under the blow dryer at work(no rice available). Left it off, riced it when I got home, worked fine the next day.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I stand by the 3 day minimum in rice. On average, I have found that the minimum amount of time to dry and have a mostly functional phone is 3 days, and that a week is better. Of course, this all very un-scientific observation and YMMV. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol