what's so good about the iphone?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Everyone always says the iPhone is smooth and has emoji. I've never owned a android phone that wasn't smooth. Droid Inc, TB, now nexus. To me I think its brand loyalty more than the actual phone. I let people see my phone and they are always in aww. Yes, lower end devices may be sluggish but I don't know of any android phone to date that is sluggish. I've done many comparison between the two. I'm not hating on apple. I just feel like its more of a brand thing and a fad. "Your not cool if u don't have a iPhone"

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wife and daughter have iphone, I went from blackberry to Android. I don't think there is a right or wrong here. Some of us are iphone people, some of us are android and the other 1% are windows / blackberry combined.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The main things about iPhone are simplicity and accessories.

They made it to be used by anyone. My 74 year-old mom can pick up an iPad and figure it out quickly. The way it is locked down keeps apps running smooth. Plus all the accessories out there way outnumber what you can get for other devices. We were at a show and one of the presenters forgot his TV remote. No problem. The DJ pulled out his IR accessory, switched the app on his iPhone from his DJ system to the other guys TV and - instant TV remote!

Android is more about customization. You can tweak an Android device to your heart's content. Widgets, home screens, apps. You can set up your device to best suit you.. and most of that can be done without rooting or modifying. But that also means what is right for you might not be an out-of-the-box experience. Most of the "big" apps are on both platforms, so it is not so much about who has apps. Android was my choice because I like to tinker.

It's more about personal preference these days.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone & love it. The only thing I would like is for it to be bigger. So i'.m. Moving to the glaxay s3. I still have my iPad & love it. As well as the glaxay tab 2. When I use them side by side there is absolutely no difference. I can do everything essentially the same on either.

As far as customization, well it's not that much more customizable widgets I see are the only difference between the two. One issue I'm having right now is trying to figure out how to control panoramic from the lock screen. With iPhone I can do that easily.

Other than that, it's great, love ICS.

IPhone let's you do what you want & gets out of the way. It runs smoothly as silk. I can't say the same all the time about the Galaxy Tab 2. It's a little laggy. The # of tablets specific apps also is lacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463