Sync bookmarks between desktop IE and Android?

Malathan

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Currently have a droid x phone (upgrading to Samsung GSIII shortly), but have never figured out how to dynamically sync bookmarks between it and my desktop. On the flip side, I have an ipad and through icloud, bookmarks are dynamically synched between the two - add bookmark in IE on PC and it appears on ipad, as well as the other way around.

I have found posts where people say on export/import, but that is a one time shot. Looking for something that is automated. Any ideas?

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If you switch to the chrome browser on your desktop and your galaxy s3 the bookmarks will automatically sync between the two. To my knowledge there is no way to dynamically sync using IE.

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use xmarks (www.xmarks.com), which syncs my bookmarks between all my pc browsers (chrome, ie, and Firefox) and mobile (the Android browser and Dolphin HD on my phone and to the app on my iPad)

Unfortunately while syncing between my pc browsers is free, to sync to mobile devices is $12 per year. Not expensive but something to consider. Also, it doesn't actually modify the bookmarks on Safari on my iPad....it syncs to the app so I have to use it on the iPad (open the app, click on the bookmark which then opens Safari). I suspect Apple has that locked down.

Once I get an ICS device (GSIII) in a couple weeks, I'll probably cancel the xmarks premium and just use the free version...since making a bookmark in IE or Firefox will still sync to Chrome, and thus to Chrome on my phone. Likewise making a bookmark in Chrome on my phone will sync back to Chrome on my laptop, and thus to IE and Firefox. And I just won't worry about my iPad since it doesn't work that great anyways and is kind of buggy on it.

Hello, twelve bucks per year savings! I'm definitely spending that on beer.

Google is supposedly working on Chrome for iOS so when that happens, I suspect it'll sync just fine, and I'll be golden. Golden!

Last edited: