What should be my next phone?!

diamonddozen15

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is in February and I'm undecided with what my next phone should be. I am with Sprint and we all know how slow the company is when it comes to phones. I have the EVO Shift and it is giving me a really hard time after a year and a half. The phone is always freezing on me, the battery will say it's low even though it's been plugged in the charger for hours and I am always missing calls even when it's on vibrate. I've watched YouTube videos for the galaxy nexus, EVO LTE, and the GSIII. They all look good but I am undecided on what i should do? Should I buy one of the three phones mentioned for full price or should I wait for more phones to come out?

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade is in February and I'm undecided with what my next phone should be. I am with Sprint and we all know how slow the company is when it comes to phones. I have the EVO Shift and it is giving me a really hard time after a year and a half. The phone is always freezing on me, the battery will say it's low even though it's been plugged in the charger for hours and I am always missing calls even when it's on vibrate. I've watched YouTube videos for the galaxy nexus, EVO LTE, and the GSIII. They all look good but I am undecided on what i should do? Should I buy one of the three phones mentioned for full price or should I wait for more phones to come out?
Your next phone really depends on what you value. If you value timely updates directly from Google, then the Galaxy Nexus will be the phone for you. Keep in mind that it has a removable battery but no expandable storage.

If you want the newest smartphone that money can buy, then your choosing between the HTC EVO LTE and the Samsung Galaxy S3. Both have expandable storage and a removable battery. The HTC Evo Lte has a slightly better display than the S3 from what most reviewers are saying.

Do you want to stay with Sprint? If so, then the HTC Evo Lte and the S3 are good phones. If youre not a fan of Sense than give Touchwiz a try.

If you dont want to stay with Sprint, then the S3 would be the best phone on the market, at least until late summer or the fall.

Hope I helped :D

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's such a personal choice. My move would be to prepay, and a phone with a SIM (meaning AT&T or T-Mobile as the network, depending on which has better coverage for you). That would determine which phones I could choose from.

Do you want something you can sit on without worrying about it? Something with a huge screen? Something with maximum battery life (you can't charge your phone every night?)

Only you can decide what's important to you.

As far as your phone freezing on you, that should be covered by the warranty. Reset the battery (there are apps for that if you don't know how to do it manually). You did go through 3 full charge/discharge cycles when you first got the phone, right? (If you didn't, you can't expect more than 12 months of decent use.)

As far as missing calls, if the phone doesn't pick them up, maybe Sprint doesn't have really good coverage where you are. (Don't depend on the coverage maps - they don't map every foot. If where you usually sit/stand is a dead spot, the map could still show coverage there.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz