iMessage issues after switching from iPhone to Android

Pablotennis

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I switched from iPhone 4s to galaxy S4. After trying all mentioned from other posts and I still had a problem with one of my contacts.
Previously I had turned the iMessage of my old iPhone OFF
Un-register the iPhone (device) from apple
Erased my phone number from apple (left side of the screen when you un-register the devise)
And Still had the problem with this specific client.
I called her and the problem was her stupid iPhone. Make sure the person who is texting from iPhone to android has the SMS turned ON.
I found that out bc the text she sent went to my iPad and not to my new great galaxy s4

It is easy for the sender to go to:
1 settings
2 scroll down to messages
3 turn ON the SMS. They can still have the iMessage ON too so the iPhone will use either one as needed.

It is a annoying to mess with the change but each company has complete different platforms and work different
iMessage works over data and goes among apple devices while android texting is SMS

I read that some people went back to the iPhone bc they couldn't resolve the problem, NO way I am doing that. I am investing some time learning how to use android and so far the S4 has been worth the change!!

Brian Beaman

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe I did everything mentioned above, short of deleting my iTunes account and apple ID.

Selling and training on new software, I can assure most of you that you will have fixed the issue by turning imessage off or changing your Password on your Apple ID. The biggest issue you will have are all the sheep iphone users who use about 1/10 of the phone's features. Not your fault they bought a phone that hasn't evolved since it's inception.

My Galaxy S4 is incredible, and I feel like an ***** for not getting an android phone sooner!

cmwade77

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue, here is what it took to fix it:
  1. Deregister all iPhones from your Apple ID(s)
  2. Put your sim card into an iPhone and turn off iMessages
  3. If you use a Mac, open the Messages App and deactivate your Apple ID(s)
  4. Go to iCloud and tell it to erase all of your iPhones for all of your Apple IDs
After doing ALL of this, wait for about 5 minutes and you should be able to get your text messages again.

Dina Marshalek

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to Apple. I switched from Iphone to Android. Apple told me I have to wait 45 days before receiving texts from my Iphone friends!!!!!!!!!!! This is unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to trash my Mac and all other Apple devices!!!!!

Dina Marshalek

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The answer is so simple, after thinking about this for a few minutes it dawned on me. By default the iPhone will check to see if the phone number is tied to an apple account and is on an iPhone, once it does that it remembers that and saves it as an iPhone number rather than a regular mobile phone, all you have to do is tell all your friends with iPhones to change this in their own phone and that should solve the problem!
It did not!

ksoftball99

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This weekend I switched from a Iphone 4s to a galaxy S4 and I realised that some of my friends with iphones messages would not come through to my phone. I know it is because of imessage, so I turned it off on my old iphone but it still didn't come through. What do I do? Half of the people I text from work and just friends have iphones. I AM NOT A FAN OF APPLE PRODUCTS

bhengie

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have over 500 contacts, most of which have iphones. I am not about to go one-by-one, asking them to go into their setting and try to fix my problem.

Laube31

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same issue. I switched from i phone 3GS to Andro?d. My issue is that my i phone 3 GS has a broken screen and I cannot interact with it. I tested following solutions and it is still not solved :
- After contacting apple support, I removed the link between my i phone 3 GS and i tunes and i cloud
- Informed i phone contacts known about the issue, they deleted all i messages exchanges between us, deactivated i message, sent a text message between us, and re activated the i message on their phone. It worked when they were in text configuration, as they are again in i message, it doesn't work anymore.
- Put my SIM in an other i phone to de activate the i message, but this option is linked to the phone and not to the SIM so I still have the issue.

The only option I see now is to repair the scren of my old i phone to switch off the wifi and de activate the i message. For me it is unbelivable the there is no other options.
Please advice !

Thanks a lot
Laube31

J2_O

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
While searching this because I'm going through the same issue it got me wondering. Why do representatives at the cell stores not do this to save the customers hassle? You would assume it would be something they're trained to do to help the transition of someone going from iPhone to Android. Apparently it's as easy and Turing it off before the phone is deactivated? But once it's deactivated it's more of a hassle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Ehmann

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Wife when she switched from an Iphone4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

The problem was: her IPad shared the same AppleID that was associated with her Iphone4 (which was handed down to my Son.)

So to resolve the issue I did the following:

1) Created a new AppleID
2) Deleted the old AppleID from the IPad
3) Associated the IPad with the new AppleID
IMPORTANT STEP :::::> 4) Turned off the Imessage setting from her old Iphone (which my Son had using a different mobile # and AppleID)
IMPORTANT STEP :::::> 5) Turn back on the Imessage.

After the Imessage was turned back on on the old Iphone, the text messages sent to her old Iphone # began to appear on her Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Folks: don't ever give up trying different solutions or settings because eventually you'll hit upon the right combination...and then please share it with the group before your forget what you did!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I just switched from iPhone to Android on the weekend, and discovered that my previous contacts using iMessage could no longer text me unless iMessage was turned off on their side.

I've tried unregistering the device from the AppleSupport website, and removing my phone number from the account. That did not fix the problem.

I then spent three hours on the phone with an Apple Tech support employee, trying every possible solution. End result being him asking me to wipe my iPhone. Which I did. Still, the problem was not fixed. He sent a request to the Engineering Department and told me they would contact me in two days. I waited four with no response.

I called them. Proceeded to spend an additional four hours with them on the phone. No solution.

At the end they told me the 'only resolution' was to wait 30 days to see if the glitch would work itself out.

30 days?! Can they legally force me to be an Apple customer? They won't give me a loaner phone until they work out their problems, they won't reimburse me for loss of services. They refuse to do anything.

Help :'(

It's precisely this kind of customer service that prompted me to finally ditch Apple for good and run to Android. I feel your pain. I turned in my old iPhone to Verizon and whatever they did to it completely turned off any link to it, so my messages got to my new Note 3 with no problem.