Google Check out merchant ID requirements

Yusuf

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I was about to buy a Nexus 7 a couple of days ago when I got distracted and did not complete the transaction. Later I receive an email saying the following...

Hello,

During a recent review of your Google Checkout account, we were unable to
verify your information.

As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended and you will be
unable to place orders. In order to resolve this situation, please provide
us with the requested information within 3 business days by filling out
this form
https://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/request.py?contact_type=verification_gmri

Please note that failure to provide us with the requested documentation
may result in account closure.

Yours Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team

When I go to the next page I'm told that I must provide....

Google Checkout was unable to verify the account information you provided during the sign-up process. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended. Until we receive and verify the requested documents, you will not be able to place orders. Please complete the form below to verify your information.

Collect all of the following documents:
A bank statement or utility bill that includes your billing address
Your driver's license or passport information page
Scan or copy each document, making sure the copies are clear and legible.
Submit the documents to Google using the form below. Alternatively, you may fax the information to 650 963 3342, or +1 650 963 3342 if you're outside the United States.
We'll contact you by email once we've received and verified your information.
-----

Now is it me or does this seem like an extreme amount of information to request. At the moment I cannot buy from the playstore because I don't want to give them over all this information. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

LuffyDeRoy

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i received the same email after i failed to make some in-app purchase. Although i fail to make the purchase, the amount for the purchase was deducted from my bank. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that really is a lot of information, and, seems like the type of information a scam would ask for. But, if it's affecting your access to Play, I guess it's legit. Is there any way for you to contact them and talk to them over the phone? If so, I'd go that route before providing any information.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, bank statement/utility bill is usually asked as a proof of address. At least it is extremely common here in Ireland. I would not go that far on being sceptic about this. They just need to know it is you and your address is YOUR address.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm okay with that, I think the drivers license thing is what I had a hangup on. I guess just blank out account numbers, drivers license numbers, etc., everything but address and it's not a huge deal. I would probably still call and speak to someone before sending personal information though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
well, they still should be able to check your identity. So you need at least one ID number. And I think your name should be visible and maybe account number. but a call doesn't hurt. i would be too lazy to do that though. last time my paypal was suspended i had to provide even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance